Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
That is absolutely ridiculous.?ÿ So you are saying builders that come in and buy Lots 1 through 20, Block 1 and Lots 1 through 30, Block 2 within a si...
If a client comes to me and says "I want to merge these 2 lots". I am going to follow the established protocol of the local municipality, whatever tha...
This is a local municipality question. Around here in the 10 jurisdictions I work in there are probably 10 different methods.?ÿ
You cannot purge a block that exists in the drawing.?ÿ ?ÿTry redefining your old title block to a line of circle or random element.?ÿ Type block and f...
Here in the recording states its pretty much a moot point and more trouble then its worth to ask for another surveyor's cad file.?ÿ Just cogo the map ...
No offense but that sounds like a poorly managed company.?ÿ Electronic deliverable are more important now than ever before.?ÿ We have learned from our...
It is a completely different software.?ÿ Do not even attempt to pass off LDD data as Civil3d data, it simply does not work in any efficient way, shape...
Data/File management is key to a successful business which involves disciplines that share data.?ÿ If everyone is doing their own thing or not abiding...
Filing fees in Idaho are ridiculously cheap. A ROS is $5 per page and a plat is $11 for the most part.?ÿ The fee is not an issue, its the hours spent ...
Never ever discount your topo cost or any cost for that matter.?ÿ Charge a substantial professional fee and live with it.?ÿ There's not enough time in...
If it is identified in the contract as its own separate deliverable then yes,?ÿ otherwise, no.?ÿ Its kind of a moot point if you're working with Civil...
Definitely not automatic but for topographic surveys it can get you 80% of the way there with a good field to finish process.
As JKinAK stated, please obtain some formal training either by another survey(preferred) or elsewhere.?ÿ You're on the right track by posting here but...
While I am not familiar with Carlson, I assume it runs on top of/within AutoCAD??ÿ If so, going from a Carlson 2015 version to a 15 year old piece of ...
While certainly there is a right to privacy there is no restriction or law against flying in the airspace above someones property.?ÿ This will be an i...
There is something wrong on his end.?ÿ We work in this exact manner with no issues whatsoever.?ÿ We also have a main Cad person that sets up every com...
There are no dumb questions, remember that.?ÿ What if this was a 5 mile road project and his measurements were consistent??ÿ Wouldn't you want to know...
Childish and demanding? I think not.?ÿ I live in the business world.?ÿ If the deliverable in the contract says you will provide a topographic survey i...
This sounds more like an issue with the field codes than the software.?ÿ And I'm all for the surveyor using your codes, and if they do, I don't see wh...
Norman, Exactly my point!?ÿ We have hundreds of section corners already tied and on a state plane coordinate system in multiple counties and states.?ÿ...