Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
Just export and import csv files.?ÿ FBK files are getting extremely dated and have always been a little finicky at times. It sounds like you're using...
I enjoyed it quite a bit.?ÿ It was very well ran and had a good variety of speakers and classes.
@vasurvey3004 Great post! They are just missing out on profit and some are good with that, amazingly.?ÿ Most surveyors I know should be charging 30-7...
It appears to be an Autocad block and not a point.?ÿ Why not just add your own points over the topo of the architects and then freeze his data.?ÿ On t...
@aliquot My analogy wasn't exactly the correct comparison as you have stated.?ÿ It was to represent the fact that anyone not charging full price is l...
@aliquot We'll certainly agree to disagree on this concept.?ÿ I have no relationship with 'new owner', why do they benefit from my knowledge??ÿ It's ...
@oldpacer Going on 30 years now @oldpacer.?ÿ In the first half of my career your scenario is exactly what we did at the 2 places I worked.?ÿ These pl...
There is no such thing a re-certification in my neck of the woods, same with mortgage surveys.?ÿ I can count on one hand the number of times I have su...
There are people that value businesses for a living.?ÿ I'd start there.?ÿ You and the seller may be surprised at how low the value actually is. Certa...
Depends on the firm, size of the firm and management.?ÿ I've worked at places that never once mentioned utilization and I've worked at ones that monit...
In my local jurisdictions we label the easement, such as the standard utility easement bordering new right of way, as 'XX' utility easement.?ÿ Then in...
Why on earth would you want to do that??ÿ You have completed your survey.?ÿ You are not their consultant, realtor or title company.?ÿ?ÿ
In WA I see it quite often and frankly its just a way to cut corners.?ÿ This is still somehow allowed per state code. In ID you can no longer identif...
Do what you need to do to feel comfortable with your deliverable.?ÿ Saying control was supplied by others and not verified does not remove you of liab...
@stlsurveyor?ÿ How is it a waste of field time when you may already be using it in the field??ÿ I think that's the beauty of the SX10.?ÿ You don't nee...
We were looking into the elevator tripods for scans such as this but have not pulled the trigger yet.?ÿ?ÿ
We haven't used maps that require folding for many years.?ÿ All our engineering plans are 11x17 with very few exceptions.?ÿ Surveys are recorded and s...
Monument preservation is very prevalent around here in ID and WA, particularly amongst the private companies.?ÿ Most municipalities have no idea what ...
Was "monument well" the description on the Cad point? If so, their question has some validity.?ÿ If it was "IP 2" in Monument well" then they should f...
One would assume he knew what your answer would be.?ÿ It never hurts to ask, and you never know for sure until you do.