AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
VH
VH
@vh
Free
Joined: March 5, 2012 6:01 am
Topics: 31 / Replies: 215
Reply
RE: How good is RTN?

I've had consistently good results with RTK. We do multiple sets of observations at different times during the day. Checking into established contro...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: NAVD29

We work in a few towns that still require benchmarks on the 29 datum...but only b/c the people making the regulations have no concept of what a vertic...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Massachusetts ANR – Non Conforming Lot

Yup, the note is on the plan...along with a letter sent certified mail explaining our stance and the nature of the non-conformity. Thanks for the inp...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Massachusetts ANR – Non Conforming Lot

On a parcel of land that does not already have a conforming dwelling on it, I agree. But in this case, we would be taking an existing conforming dwel...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Massachusetts ANR – Non Conforming Lot

"So, if you create a non-conforming lot, with an existing building will the building inspector take action? Or does it become an issue when the buildi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Massachusetts ANR – Non Conforming Lot

I realized that I forgot to mention that he wants to create this new non-conforming lot around an existing dwelling which sits on a lot that currently...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Massachusetts ANR – Non Conforming Lot

I agree. I have no problem creating the lot as he wishes so long as there is a note on the plan stating the nature of the non-conformity so when this...

11 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: ALTA survey with no monuments

I'm consistently amazed/frustrated by the number of new plans I see (at least in my area) without a single monument shown. ALTAs, subdivisions, etc.....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Railroad Property Line Marking

Here in MA plans get recorded if:1) A new subdivision is proposed showing new lots and proposed ways (this applies to both recorded and registered lan...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about SurvCE - How do you ...

We have also recently purchased a Carlson with SurvCE. Transitioning from SurveyPro has not been as easy as I had anticipated. I've been writing dow...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: New webpage for OLS inc.

Unfortunately no. I'd love to go, but I'm on reduced hours b/c the snow has essentially shut down all of our ongoing projects, so I cant afford the h...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: New webpage for OLS inc.

Also, fyi, says the land court manual was last updated in 1989. Should be 2006. Check ALTA as well for Standards date.Nice, easy to navigate.-V

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Story made short...E & O Insurance

This has been an ongoing issue between our boss, and the licensees (myself and our PE). The pot is close to boiling over. -V

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Story made short...E & O Insurance

These are the answers I needed. Myself and our PE are gathering ammunition.Thank you.-V

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 31
Views: 1611
Reply
RE: Hired help

I'm coming to the conclusion that being a survey technician is not a worthwhile career. Usually the pay and benefits aren't that good. And when it is ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: A more and more common request

Connecticut declaratory rulingI like that. I may put a bug in people's ears who have regular contact with the BOR here in MA. -V

12 years ago
Page 1 / 13