Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 25, 2026 1:22 pm
Ok thanks for replies here. Went down a rabbit hole last 2 weeks for some surveyors to (kindly) show me their layer schemas and why they chose certain...
@wa-id-surveyor great I actually didn't realize that 2018 was the core for the next series of Civil3D.How closely to people adhere to the standards? I...
@mightymoe ah yes I see it, makes sense for both. Gell Mann effect might ruin all future UFO documentaries for me...
We see a lot of these in old Montana declarations, ie "declare and publish as a legal notice to all the world" so guessing got transcribed as grantee ...
From Wikipedia on the Skinwalker Ranch. $22M... Wild. Followed the rabbit hole a bit (here is the clip on the monument marker), here is a...
@norman-oklahoma I'm 100% stealing that joke. And yes makes absolutely makes sense on the emotional side, too
@hpalmer A bit ago we had someone send us an original land grant from King George III, which we thought was pretty cool (back when he was king of king...
@holy-cow think you might've misunderstood the premise here. Nothing to do Maybe my fault for not posting a better GIF instead of this sample data. Th...
@james-fleming nice, yes proposal drafting and reviewing docs are both areas where I think AI should be super helpful
@wa-id-surveyor That's pretty cool. I'm pretty optimistic about a future where everyone is building their own bespoke software solutions for their spe...
Fair - I wonder how many routines will get rebuilt by folks just because they're buried in Civil3D menus or the naming isn't intuitive
love this. Had not seen this thread, thanks for sharing
@gary_g perfect perfect this is what I was wondering - really on the geometry side - whether bearings, distances, coordinates, closures, and area were...
@holy-cow yes for sure. Was talking yesterday to a CA county surveyor who does plan checks (which is obviously not a complete list either, but they ha...
Do you have a specific method to do different rounds of review (if you have to do review)? Agreed that issue seems to be that review isn't worth it if...