AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
totalsurv
totalsurv
@totalsurv
Free
Joined: December 4, 2013 3:12 pm
Last seen: August 18, 2026 12:58 pm
Topics: 109 / Replies: 701
Reply
RE: Carlson computer specs

I have an Asus gaming laptop that can easily handle massive point clouds but Carlson Survey OEM 2020 drawings with a large number of points has a very...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon 8203 with TSC2 and survey pro

@bigdroner It's a while since I used that setup with Paranis and it was with Topsurv but from what I remember if you are using the Paranis you need to...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon 8203 with TSC2 and survey pro

Have you got the rc handle on instrument and rc-2 remote at pole with cable from it to data collector?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon 8203 with TSC2 and survey pro

Are you connecting to use it robotically or direct connection into the serial port? If the first you have to enter external link mode on instrument. ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: YouTube

Keep them coming. Was thinking of recording videos like this for my kids and future grand kids to look at in years to come if they were interested. No...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How does refelctorless on newer Trimble robots compare to S6

On re-reading the specs the S6 value was for 100m and the S7 value is for 50m so there is no improvement on the beam size from the S6. You were correc...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How does refelctorless on newer Trimble robots compare to S6

@bstrand I usually measure just short of the corner and then intersect lines in cad. If you measure straight online with the corner half the beam trav...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How does refelctorless on newer Trimble robots compare to S6

@rover83?ÿ I see that information now in the datasheets. Seems the S6 was 4cm x 8cm but the S7 is 2cm x 4cm. Looks like the S7 is very close to the TS...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How does refelctorless on newer Trimble robots compare to S6

I have seen most of the specs for the robots but they do not deal with how the angle of incidence effects the measurement. Mainly from what I have rea...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: YouTube

Interesting videos. Good to see how things are done in another part of the world.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help with robotic Total Station problem-

@norman-oklahoma You must be using a completely different Trimble robot to me. I have been using an newer model S6 for about 3 years with passive tra...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Robot lifespan

@jim-frame Solo operator with occasional helper. Geesh.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Robot lifespan

If your busy enough and cashflow is good definitely upgrade if it's more than 10 years old. I have a Topcon GPT robotic I bought new in 2006 that stil...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GPT8203a Setup Help

RC2 sits either on top or just below the prism depending on the adapter. Serial type cable from RC to data collector.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Is my Topcon Legacy-E worthless since the GPS Rollover?

I still use one as a back up base and static. Just update to the latest firmware and it will work fine. Don't dump it you might need it someday as a b...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson - change datum

Edit>Change>Elevation>Differential ?ÿ or else -chgelev in command line

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 2365
Page 5 / 41