AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
totalsurv
totalsurv
@totalsurv
Free
Joined: December 4, 2013 3:12 pm
Last seen: August 18, 2026 12:58 pm
Topics: 109 / Replies: 701
Reply
RE: I hate construction staking....

You left out bad attitudes and being given very little notice. I mostly avoid too but occasionally stakeout a one off house. Staked out a solar farm r...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you also do topographic surveys?

Topo is my favourite type of work. Least amount of pressure. It's a breeze with the Trimble gear.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What are some reasons that you will turn a client down for a job?

When the potential client ask me if I have GPS to setout the foundation as GPS is more accurate.

4 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Getting a new Trimble robot - s5 or s7 with vision?

Quick question. In tracking mode using semi active prism is it still measuring the prism passively? I believe it is as it does take a fraction of a se...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting a new Trimble robot - s5 or s7 with vision?

Knowing the limitations of the Trimble reflectorless it is easy enough to work around, for example perpendicular shots as much as possible, ending wal...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting a new Trimble robot - s5 or s7 with vision?

From reading your post I would be more worried about the reflectorless. The beam is much wider (x2?) on the Trimble robots than the Leica ones. You me...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: CONCEPTS TO CONSIDER QUOTATION FOR TOPOGRAPHY WORKS FOR GAS PIPELINES

The translation to English hasn't helped me. ?????ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R10/R12 issues

I think the antenna thing is a well known issue generally caused by?ÿ over tightening the antenna. I warned our crew when bought new.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Floor plans of the house - disto vs total station

I have been doing these for over 20 years. This is the method I find works best for me if 2D floor plans are the deliverable. Measure footprint of b...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: BBC article on benchmark preservation in N Ireland

It's still got some alcohol in it, that's why they say 0.0% rather than zero. You would need to drink about 20 of them though to get the same amount a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble r12i versus Spectra SP80

I have an R12 for about a year now and it has paid for itself twice over already. Very good under canopy, seamless integration with S6.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-payment

@bushaxe But it's not a couple of business days is it. It's 2 months+.

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 474
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 490
Reply
RE: Measurement of HI with a metric steel tape - ? of Does it Matter?

I think it is important to make a distinction between the types of error in reading the HI. If it is a random error of 2mm reading the tape from time ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Measurement of HI with a metric steel tape - ? of Does it Matter?

As a test for those who think a systematic error in measure up of 2mm doesn't matter, add 2mm to your total station measure up height for a couple of ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Measurement of HI with a metric steel tape - ? of Does it Matter?

As Bill said most box tapes have a moving metal hook so that when you measure to the outside it pushes back to give the correct length and alternative...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone used a TSC5 yet?

Trimble sent out a questionnaire a while back asking their customers about data collector screen sizes and other features. Looks like they listened to...

5 years ago
Page 4 / 41