AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
totalsurv
totalsurv
@totalsurv
Free
Joined: December 4, 2013 3:12 pm
Last seen: August 18, 2026 12:58 pm
Topics: 109 / Replies: 701
Reply
RE: Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center

Trimble have a webinar coming up that deals with Access and TBC integration which may help. I plan on watching it after the event.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Moasure

Looks interesting. I would say it is inevitable that the future of surveying is a single device on a pole and nothing else (no ts etc.) that can go an...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Scan (and other processing) software

@dave-karoly Do you use it with the high accuracy tilt turned on or off? Just curious if it's worth turning off from time to time to speed things up e...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Scan (and other processing) software

@rover83 I was referring to the scanners without tablets and perspective etc. It would be great if you could process raw scan data from all scanners i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Scan (and other processing) software

None of the scanners I have used can export PTS/PTX/LAS/LAZ. Will still need another software to import the raw scan data unless its RTC or BLK

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Scan (and other processing) software

A quick look at the specs for Infinity would suggest you can only import RTC and BLK.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Turning down work but retaining client

@olemanriver Yes it is incredibly frustrating. It's the amount of time spent training someone in the equipment/software, safety training and legally r...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Turning down work but retaining client

@flga-2-2 Owner. Latest employee is leaving after only a few months and I just don't want to spend the same amount of time training anyone again so ne...

4 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Scale Carlson Symbol to match actual size

Probably not gonna be any help since I don't draft with Carlson, but I'm kind of curious...?ÿ are you saying you shoot the center of the manhole and t...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1206
Reply
RE: Data Processing

Our field equipment is all Trimble.?ÿ We like it.?ÿ Our survey drafting software is all Carlson.?ÿ We like it too. Here's where the problem comes in....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How much professional Indemnity insurance do I need?

The professional bodies here were recommending that figure a few years back. Maybe contact the RICS and see what they are recommending.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How much professional Indemnity insurance do I need?

I am based in Ireland and have been carrying ƒ?ª1m of cover for the past 10+ years. This has usually been sufficient for the type of projects I work o...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone ever add radio module to TSC3?

Anyway........if anyone has added a radio module themselves to a TSC3 I would like to know if it's possible. Thanks.

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 19
Views: 2841
Reply
RE: Laser Scanning - Best Practices

I never said it was the right tool for the job. It is however possible to use targets and control to get a tight georeferenced and verifiable registra...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser Scanning - Best Practices

If the X7 is struggling to register two of it's scans cloud to cloud then how is it going to be better to try to register it to a lower resolution fro...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser Scanning - Best Practices

Will control on to some targets throughout the survey not take care of this?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser Scanning - Best Practices

I agree with this. I have used the X7 and it is a great scanner but with Perspective alone it's not for highway work. The cloud to cloud registration ...

4 years ago
Page 3 / 41