AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
surv8r
surv8r
@surv8r
Free
Joined: June 30, 2010 7:09 pm
Last seen: August 30, 2026 8:44 am
Topics: 33 / Replies: 490
Reply
RE: Long Pants or Not?

I'm ok with shorts, especially when doing coastal work. I've surveyed in shorts and barefoot on the beach many times... 😎

9 years ago
Reply
RE: When land owners survey

[USER=1123]@Andy Bruner[/USER] Few years back, I did a survey in Smithville that the M&B description started as follows:"Starting at a stake on th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Learning AutoCAD Civil3D

Go to LinkedIn, YouTube, or Twitter and search for "Eric Colburn".

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How it goes... the surveying business spectrum.

According to perspective clients in the area I reside, I'm the most expensive, and rarely get a project here.For example, I recently quoted a small bo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Vintage Calculators 11C and 15C

Jp7191, post: 425364, member: 1617 wrote: We use to say the same about engineers that used Texas instrument (TI) calculators apposed to HP. 🙂 JpSpeak...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA for a mobile home park

Not only have I located mobile homes, but on one particular project, the clients wanted the FFE on each mobile home..... I added a note stating the fi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed in which states

FL, GA, AL, MS. Earned in that order.Currently, I reside in GA, but the majority of my survey clients / projects are in FL.

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 416
Reply
RE: When Should You Count the Client's Money?

I've received cash payments several times. I always count in front of the client.And when I make a large cash payment to someone, I tell them to count...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Running across other surveyors...

Just last week I was preparing a proposal on a boundary survey and I called another local PLS about assisting me on this project. After I told him whe...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Busy out there?

I work primarily in SW GA, SE AL and NW FL.... SW GA, nope... NW FL, yes.....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Shoreline surveys

James Fleming, post: 418755, member: 136 wrote: You train two of those dogs to lean on shovels and you got yourself a DOT crew there. ;)I have posted...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Minority Clients

Robert Hill, post: 418564, member: 378 wrote: You really can't spin this.I was raised in a NE city that has very similar demographics that you state.I...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Minority Clients

Well.... In my fair city, as a Caucasian male, I am a member of the minority group...The 2010 census places our population at 77,434 people.Caucasian ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a Trailer for Surveying

Several years ago, I remember seeing an article in POB magazine about a Surveyor who took a full size van and converted it to a mobile office.Probably...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing Education content delivery opinions?

I also missed this post until this morning....I prefer the online / correspondence courses. I live in an area that rarely hosts any live seminars. I m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How much to come dig up my corners?

Reminds me of the time a Realtor called me and asked me to "just locate the corners"I started an explanation similar to Mark's, when the Realtor inter...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: hp-48 repair

Ron Phillips, post: 415638, member: 11457 wrote: fixthatcalc.comAre they still in business? See the web site...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT boundaries

Several years ago, a GDOT (Georgia DOT) Engineer told me.... "The road itself is the controlling monument. Split the roadway pavement to establish the...

10 years ago
Page 3 / 27