AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
surv8r
surv8r
@surv8r
Free
Joined: June 30, 2010 7:09 pm
Last seen: August 30, 2026 8:44 am
Topics: 33 / Replies: 490
Reply
RE: Hand Drafting

No hand drafting, but we have original R/W maps dating back into the 1930's that occasionally require a revision, which must be hand drawn.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Seriously...

I saw an ad last week for a Biologist. Minimum requirement was a B.S. and 2 years experience or a Masters degree. startng pay... $36,000......

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Crazy Job Market

Central FL here... I'm fielding random calls / emails / messages from recruiters. Most don't have a clue what I do... I usually don't respond...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Some folks are a bit slow

My signature says it all...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: job title question

In my experience, the Survey Manager is a manager of the survey department and chief of parties is a field crew coordinator or the senior crew chief.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Get a load of this.....

Several years ago, a realtor contracted me to survey a 21-ac parcel. He provided me with a copy of a 1955 survey of the parcel.My survey showed 20, no...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: My survey chariot

jim.cox, post: 451589, member: 93 wrote: You do get a better view of the ground when flying inverted :)Yes you do.... (see profile pic)... 😎

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Like I didn't see this coming....

I believe I've posted this before...Realtor: "I don't want a survey, I just want the corners marked..."

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Swamp pics

Been there, done that! Good times!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: There is no "?" category

I've seen the zebra striped Lowe trucks, but this is a new one for me too!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Any Microstation/Geopak Users?

After using AutoCad, C3D, etc for the past 30+ years, I now find myself in a position using Microstation V8i and Geopak ss4.I not quite sure what the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Advertising at High School games

When my daughter was in high school, I ran an ad in the sports programs at baseball, football & basketball games. I also did some pro bono layout ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy and GPS Class

Thanks for posting. Downloaded the two chapters, looking forward to the rest!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Need a bit of career advice

Raybies, post: 429156, member: 9029 wrote: Every position has knowledge to gain. Even if that is the incorrect or less than ethical way...I briefly wo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Drawings altered by lawyers

I posted this about 4 years ago...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: When land owners survey

@AndyBrunerYes, I've followed Mr. Crotwell and his RR Iron monuments many times! And they do fit very well, he did great work.Somewhere in my files, I...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Which Online College?

University of Florida

9 years ago
Page 2 / 27