AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
summerprophet
summerprophet
@summerprophet
Free
Joined: July 1, 2014 8:53 pm
Last seen: July 28, 2026 10:00 pm
Topics: 46 / Replies: 428
Reply
RE: Nail Driving Prism Pole

There was a impact slide hammer marketed for surveyors sometime around 2000. Had multiple inserts for driving rebar or lath or chipping out frozen ear...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: TBM -- in a utility pole?

I have reached out to the two utility providers operating in my county about installing survey reference marker plates. Their primary concerns were wo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting a PK nail on a busy road.

Agree with the above comments. Playing in traffic is risky, and best avoided. I do it a lot, and have signs, strobes, roadcones and a spotter. If sigh...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A real Texas Truck

@drew-r agreed, I had a 2000 tundra pickup with 285hp. I could still easily accelerate up to 80 mph with 40 sheets of drywall in the back. Never unde...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Welcome to the Machine or Advice for an Office Surveyor

In 2007 I had the same opportunity. Huge paycheck, huge responsibility and adapting to a massive corporate structure. While I knew within a few months...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Welcome to the Machine or Advice for an Office Surveyor

In 2007 I had the same opportunity. Huge paycheck, huge responsibility and adapting to a massive corporate structure. While I knew within a few months...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica infinity - baseline processing

@moses-rbn?ÿ Leica makes some excellent products. Captivate is not one of them.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What I have / What I need

@peter-lothian?ÿ give it a tryƒ??. The result will likely surprise you.?ÿ incidently if you want an interesting read, look up currency constellation...

5 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Two way radio or walkie recommendations

I use the cheap Baufeng UV-5R radios. As good as a new $250 Motorola handheld, and for the price, I consider them disposable. You do need to program t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The idiots from Timbuktu strike again

@holy-cow?ÿ in Canada, the Surveyor General (or regional professional chapter) employs a crew that drives around and randomly checks survey corners s...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Reset Section Corner?

@field-dog accessory evidence is the physical markers in the field. Reference points are the data you Collect to tie the corner monument to the acces...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Reset Section Corner?

@nate-the-surveyor?ÿ nate has good advice. The best solution (perfect world) would be to research the corner, tie adjacent corners, and determine fr...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Protecting Monument Wells Question

I am involved in the counties annual chipseal process. Here are our steps: 1. prelim chipseal schedule published, I create maps for the field crew, a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rich folks won't pay our prices, and the poor cannot afford our services

This is a matter of our entire industry doing a piss poor job of promoting ourselves. Those clients that cannot afford you can still afford a DUI atto...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: preliminary plats

@flyin-solo?ÿ Prelim plats are codified in state law in Washington, and are required to prepared and stamped (but not signed) by a PLS. Essentially a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@350rocketmike?ÿ the ƒ??resections only as a last resortƒ? tells me you have been at this game for a while. I was also taught that, and it comes fro...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Android phone as data collector?

Not an android guy, but I can help with a few of your questions. firstly, I use an iPad mini for work for mapping and navigation, not for data collec...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Why do you use OPUS

I think it really depends on where you are surveying and the VRS coverage in your area.?ÿWhere I am (central Washington) existing NGS monuments are fe...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 1084
Page 5 / 24