Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
All calculations can be thrown off by one common theme:
Environmental ConsultingA local ecological consultant has a very successful business. His employees range from professionals who know all the species...
Who cares what equipment you use provided you leave enough of a record for the next surveyor to reproduce your survey?It bugs me when a surveyor does ...
You must have some old jobs you could import for the exercise. Carlson is very good about working with other formats.
I would assume this is for preliminary work or a joke.1. How was the PDF created? Is it a scan of a map or was it created from a program? If the lat...
I rotate and translate, then use the GPS with Grid North and some out pretty close to the original monuments.
NOAA has some information:or the parent webpage that has a few links to articles:The National Oceanography Centre has a good diagram:this image is int...
AmbiguitiesAnd if the physical evidence is ambiguous? Use a sharpie on the plan.
Running ACAD Map 2006 in Win 7.It was flukey until I made a few modifications.Yes, run it in XP mode.Install service pack(s).Dumb down Win 7, take out...
Keith, "Where It Never Was Located" Is A False Statementwell why don't we just make property lines as fat as the ambiguity associated with them. see ...
Keith, "Where It Never Was Located" Is A False StatementSo, the Town I work in has a policy. When you want to set a fence, you should put it 6" off t...
I wish neighbors would not build little stone walls with those neat stones found in the woods.
Indeed, to be ultracautious, one should also say, “Don’t even buy property unless you have first had it surveyed.” :good:
If only there was a real surveyor in this state. 😉