Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: June 29, 2026 2:48 pm
The pages in the PDF are from the 9th edition of the book referenced in my previous response, I hope this helps to clarify vertical angle measurement ...
Total stations or data collectors apply curvature and refraction corrections to every measurement; it is important to supply current temperature and b...
The attorney's note made me smile; he definitely wasn't pleased with the lack of common sense.
How about buying a UNIX computer from eBay, there are many HP models listed.
Magnetic bearing + magnetic declination = True North (Astronomic North): Easterly Declination is negative a value; Westerly Declination is a positiv...
Fun discussion. It does seem they moved the temporary post from the original location, since the distance didn't change per the notes then the posit...
I would like to bid $35
I would like to bid $50
here's a couple links that might help american_paulin_-_surveying_altimeters_-_1929.pdf Determination of Altitude with the Aneroid Barometer
Resources | Trimble Geospatial link to survey side of updates, I'm not sure if there is a site like this for the construction side of things.
Here's a link to a manual from Washington State that might be useful: Microsoft Word - RestoreSecSub2012.docx The link is for a PDF not a word doc...
Here's a link to a 1974 edition Restoration of lost or obliterated corners and subdivision sections
Have used Autocad since 1990, Civil 3D since it's begging, currently in the process of switching to BricsCad for the same reason as Mr. Frame.
@mathteacher Thanks for confirming my calculation of misclosure when using U.S. survey feet. My mistake not confirming the misclosure value when u...
@bill93 0.3048 is correct for internation feet, so yes you are correct if converting to that unit of measure. I did state that I was converting to ...
5280/(3937/1200)/1000 = 1.6093km #note 3937/1200 is the conversion from meters to survey feet or vice versa 0.008*SQRT1.6093 = 0.0101mm 0.010...
@sonicwave123 Which answers do you think are incorrect? The 2009 manual is available for free as a download from the BLM website and the answers y...
@olemanriver sending good mojo your way
I updated 3 days ago, everything seems fine.
I believe I have a couple of copies of the Land Survey Systems book, give me a day or two too locate them, willing to part with one.