AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: FAA AGIS

I don't specifically work on the submittals, one of our other offices does that, what I do know is FAA projects just like DoD should be 2-3 times civi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: USAF intentionally jamming GNSS - Red Flag

Gavin, good points. On the mountain I mentioned where my VHF 136-172 Mhz two way radio was overwhelmed, my HF rig operated just fine on 20m (14 Mhz) w...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: USAF intentionally jamming GNSS - Red Flag

Not related to the current exercises, but along about 2002 I was working on Bangor Naval?ÿBase?ÿfor a few weeks, UHF RTK comms did not work, had a 35W...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Incredible Credit Card Fraud?

Not reoccurring, BUT my business debit card was hacked in November and the replacement card hacked this week, no idea how this is happening, BUT watch...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Colorado Mandatory Continuing Education Bill for Land Surveyors Working Its Way through the Legislature

Not sure MCE has helped here in Oregon. There are tons of folks that still never attend the in state conference and not sure how they get their hours,...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: LGO Process Problem

I think John has it, no reason once base/rover are selected that the processing icos shouldn't go active. I would suggest you set the base to somethin...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: USAF intentionally jamming GNSS - Red Flag

Posted by: gschrock ?ÿ Always pays to be cautious (but also to wonder about how much sensationalism there is in?ÿ some articles like that).?ÿ ?ÿ Agree...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Western Regional Surveying Conference

Going to miss it, BUT I do know that ALL the vendor space was sold out and they were turning away folks looking to exhibit. Sounds like it will be a g...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Clyde Porter, Idaho PLS 946 R.I.P.

Jerry, sorry to hear that, I never met the man, but I assume he was associated with Porter Surveying? I have followed some of the Porter control work....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSO 2018

As I tell many, when as a full service mapping company we can see the business case for adding a drone, we will, certainly less $$$ than the big stuff...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Are the Days of Mixing Equipment Over?

I think those days ended many years ago, always giving up something for the flexibility of the DC working with the mix and match approach. I settled o...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Converting between the various NAD83 adjustments

The latest tool is?Apparently still Beta? At the time of the start of this thread, I don't believe NADCON 5.0 was around, I have checked a couple poin...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad Triumph-2

Hi Bill, good chatting with you at the confrence. I may be wrong, BUT I suspect the model you are looking at is pretty capable, although without all t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSO 2018

And it is in the books, didn't attend all sessions, having a booth and all, but I figure I got about 11 hours of seat time in actual classes. Good see...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Intuicom or Base N aBox

If you are using a real time network, yes the Bridge can move along with you, if you are using it as the RF link between your own base and rover, then...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Shutdown

23-Jan-2018 at 01:50 UTC and NGS is still shut down, I thought the government was back up and running, this kind of BS should be shoved sideways up go...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Trouble between GPS pairs - Help

Posted by: MightyMoe No of course it wouldn't give out the NAD83 ellipsoid height. As I said it will give you "correct" height that will work with thi...

9 years ago
Topic
9 years ago
Replies: 17
Views: 1028
Reply
RE: Trouble between GPS pairs - Help

Posted by: MightyMoe ?ÿ I would also apply GEOID 12 to the 29 elevations to get the correct ellipsoid heights for this control. I would try to scrape ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Intuicom or Base N aBox

If you are running Trimble gear, I would probably stick to Pacific Crest, Trimble owned subsidiary these days, I would expect the interface may be eas...

9 years ago
Page 22 / 47