AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
scottb
scottb
@scottb
Free
Joined: July 9, 2011 10:42 am
Topics: 0 / Replies: 51
Reply
RE: Where would this boundary be in your state?

The January issue of the Treasure State Surveyor (MT), in the "Land Surveyor's Guide to the Montana Supreme Court", written by Brian Portwood, PLS has...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: PA Man dies from rattlesnake bite

Grew up where rattlesnakes were plentiful, SD. Worked around them many times in the Dakotas, Wyoming, Utah and Montana as well as other places. Used t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Static Survey

Think the "Wicked Jester" may be living up to his Name!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Disk Stamping Jig

Looking forward to Kent's new and improved final production version!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Approximate Corners

I wouldn't sayApproximate corner is like being a little bit pregnant, either it is or it isn't!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Cad Software

As a long time surveyor in a large shop where surveyors surveyed, Cadd people drafted and we checked it over after they were done (I used Foresight fo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Scam?

Get these calls quite often. Usually in an accent I have a tough time understanding.I ask them for where they are calling from and other information I...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Items buried with stones

One of the interesting things I found was bits of cast iron stove plates, while working in southwestern SD. It was called out by the GLO Surveyor (Cha...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: well- since it was Saturday...

BTWHoly CowYou are showing your age, must be reaching geezerville like me.Was Sheb Wooley just a random thought you pulled out of the air or--Do you k...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Right Instrument for the Job!

Random and off topic thought, but 100 plus years from now will surveyors be collecting our current Surveying equipment? Commenting on the primitive na...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I had to deal with this cow of a client today...

At least it was a COW!As a former ranch boy who saw cows eat MOST everything with no ill affects, and as a long time land surveyor who heard from nume...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: CYGNUS KS-102

rplsntxThe laser dot is only visible for a short range, maybe 50 feet on a sunny day, haven't had a chance to test it in overcast conditions. It is ea...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: CYGNUS KS-102

I bought a Cygnus last year and have been pleased with it. Guess it is a poor mans Topcon, but have had good results with it.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: corners

Mandatory in MT, SD, ND, & ID. I concur with WA-ID Surveyor, how can we purport to "protect the public" if we don't record our surveys?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS help needed

Opus has definitely been acting odd lately.Had a file collected 4/18, and one on 4/19. Waited until 4/22 to send in and it rejected both, with conflic...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Aborting

Likewise, I haven't had any luck with OPUS in the last week. Even with files that worked previously.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: So I found the original stone, now what?

No disrespect HC, but I am always suspect when I hear landowners tell stories like this.Remember, these original surveyors had to probably haul from G...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GTS-313 Battery recell

jeffEI have a BT24Q battery in good working order from a GTS304, that the distance meter is toasted on so in essence all I have is a theodolite. Batte...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: hp48gx ramcard issue I think

48GX InstructionsIf you have no cards in the 48 you can go to step 3.STEP 1: turn 48 off.STEP 2: Remove an IC cards you may have plugged in to your 48...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Day from hell

Yea! Tom. It's the old saying "first liar never has a chance!";-)

13 years ago
Page 2 / 3