AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Samthesurveyor
Samthesurveyor
@samthesurveyor
Free
Joined: January 2, 2023 9:10 am
Topics: 1 / Replies: 12
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

I would really appreciate that.

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 2446
Reply
RE: Plat or deed govern?

In your situation Plat or Deed, they would hold the same weight. A plat does not convey title. However, if a plat is referred to in the deed then it b...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Client Recording Deceased Surveyors Record of Survey

I am curious, does every survey have to be notarized? If so I can only see one pro to having to do this, but there would be a lot of cons.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quickbooks Alternative

I also use QB. Not the best, but it does work for what we have to do. Just like Autocad, built for every type of cadd work, QB is built for every type...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

Put him under contract, then if he takes 12 hours to do a 4 hour project. He will understand when his paycheck is affected. Best decision I made with ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

I use a very similar disclaimer. Here is a reason to have such a note. Former owner of a survey company did a survey for a client. That client sells t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing and Slow Payers

Contract with a retainer of 50%. We got tired of financing other peoples projects. The retainer ensures that you at least cover your expenses.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Handheld Conference 2023

HP 41CX with a surveying module and an extended memory card. Use it every day.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Small Claims Court

Contract on 98% of all projects with a 50% retainer. It makes it hard to contest that in court. BTW, the remaining 2% is from atrong repeat clients th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Spectra Focus 10 - Data collection

I am not familiar with this data collector, but based on the the PDF it appears to run off of the the old Geodimeter interface. Spectra Precision boug...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bad, bad survey

@mightymoe Thanks for the response. It seems like the corners were set incorrectly and even though they are not in the intended location. When this ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bad, bad survey

Tract it out and so all of the evidence. I would be curious to know if it is a bad survey that had the corners set incorrectly or bad deed work.

3 years ago