Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: July 27, 2026 10:56 am
Does it still cost $13,000??
What is Dave-o trying to accomplish? Just moving survey data to an imported control point value? If so here’s the easiest way to do it when selec...
@djchadli you realize 4.61 is from 2012 right?
What do you mean “change the job” .? Opening a different job file?
To ensure there are no easements over the subject area.
Honesty, who was asking for auto resection? I’ve never had the need for it. I’d rather have the choice for which control point is assigned the back si...
I don’t follow the point of this post. I see one nail in each of the first two photos and the last I see grass a fence and a small rock. Where is the ...
To answer the original question, this is fine to do as an “inventory “ of monuments. A county in Ohio has that mostly for section corners, which posi...
Even the R10-1 had a SIM card slot, but with the R12i having it and being a 3.5G protocol, mobile providers ended 3G service. So the R980 has a 4G pro...
You might want to migrate to using dwg instead. In civil 3D 2024, dxf (the file format before dwg came about) is discontinued and will only be read on...
Haven’t used a field book in over 3 years except for a level loophitch I might do once a year (multi-observation RTK and total station observation in ...
I wonder why your desire for Cogo? Wanting to do things how an older person taught you or thinking “traditional “ is better? Decades ago, calculating ...
Did you buy them off a website or from a dealer that delivered them to you?
Only satellites observed by both rover and base can be used. Since the R8S does not have ProPoinr (faster fix) there’s no benefit for it as a rover. I...
This sounds like a big task for someone with only basic college course experience. The company you work for should have someone to lead this effort, u...
2026 still using 2018 dwg format? That means Autodesk is in a “minimal improvement mode” with civil 3D but still raking in massive money from subscrip...
Agree. You think your previous observations, measurements were without errors? 🤔
NGS has been talking about the 2022 datum (where it was originally called an earlier date) for at least 8 years. So maybe 2030? Lol!!
The R8-3 brought Galileo tracking but you mentioned only GPS (US) and glonsss. And static observations do not give an absolute elevation determinatio...
To start a JOB file for site calibration, choose “ no project, no datum” since the site calibration will create that projection. Just like a resectio...