AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
rj-schneider
rj-schneider
@rj-schneider
Free
Joined: July 17, 2010 7:44 pm
Topics: 151 / Replies: 2629
Reply
RE: The Curious Case of the Houston Code

I'd settle for pictures of the stake, or the street car rails. If I were sharp enough to discover the old monuments, i'd be stunned. If i'm getting th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Curious Case of the Houston Code

I think you got a good deal of assistance from a Houston surveyor in this endeavor. If you ever find the remnants of Burton's fence, post some photos.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Curious Case of the Houston Code

D Gregg was Darius Gregg, county surveyor, and possibly city surveyor. Like Bringhurst I think he held both offices at some point. Bringhurst was at s...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Identifying the Unrecorded Plat (1857)

It's the economy of being able to juggle parcel accounts on a post-it note that probably deserves some credit here.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Curious Case of the Houston Code

Okay I thought it ran south to midtown, the Holman survey. Do you recognize any surveyor's signatures in the dedication?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Identifying the Unrecorded Plat (1857)

Kent McMillan, post: 379803, member: 3 wrote: Houston surveyors don't have any time to do any actual "research" and so a good, solid tax map like this...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Identifying the Unrecorded Plat (1857)

Kent McMillan, post: 379783, member: 3 wrote: Except that the plat of the subdivision was prepared by the surveyor who laid it out, S.C. West, and so ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Curious Case of the Houston Code

I think your plat is South Side Buffalo Bayou, but the ordinance may cover a slightly bigger area. I feel like a postcard is in order here.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Identifying the Unrecorded Plat (1857)

Kent McMillan, post: 379768, member: 3 wrote: There was no need to dimension the 50 ft. x 100 ft. lots since their sizes were common knowledge. well...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: first american?

I think they hire kind of regularly. I see the ads from time to time.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey vest recommendations?

I would say pockets are important, like Baja's vest, I wear the Seco 8603 for the number of pockets you can squirrel stuff away in.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Better control points on asphalt

If you are looking for roughly a 0.01' difference, try the measurement first thing in the am when there's just enough light to make sense of it all, t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Identifying the Unrecorded Plat (1857)

Kent McMillan, post: 379754, member: 3 wrote: The plat would appear to be generally undimensioned, aside from some street widths, unless you know that...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: This is for a class.

Tough to tell if the plat contains the errors, or the stake-out just got botched.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: This is for a class.

eapls2708, post: 378366, member: 589 wrote: The first step would be to try to determine the cause and precise location of the discrepancy along the ba...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: This is for a class.

I missed the coordinate sheet in the original op. Being able to see how the back irons fall in relation to the row control is an important bit of info...

10 years ago
Page 85 / 139