AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
rj-schneider
rj-schneider
@rj-schneider
Free
Joined: July 17, 2010 7:44 pm
Topics: 151 / Replies: 2629
Reply
RE: Kinda dumb stationing question ...

Back Tangent extendedRight on, but the problem is your "Sta. 0+57.3 20' Rt." holds an actual position on the forward tangent. So you run the risk of t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Kinda dumb stationing question ...

If it's just a matter of what station to mark the lath, I wouldn't bother. What I would do is mark your lath with FH and leave the station "STA_______...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Kinda dumb stationing question ...

" Do I continue holding the C/L and call out the fire hydrant as Sta. xx+xx, 20’ rt (IMHO, yes) or what?"So it ends up being a liability question ? Th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing to Retrace the 1882 Land Grant

That one bit of the description threw me. I wasn't sure how (the way it seemed to be worded) you could pass that Live Oak, 4 vrs in a southerly direct...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing to Retrace the 1882 Land Grant

"So, restoring the Northeast corner of the 1882 grant 4 varas Southerly from Live Oak Stump would place it at a distance of 195.190 vrs. + 4 vrs. = 19...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Bubble Level Calibration Technique

I've found they're usually in close adjustment to begin with, and the tiny bit of adjustment doesn't put undo strain on the bubble assembly.If that is...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GPT 9000A help

Maybe check the connections that are open. There should be a few channels to chose from. Maybe try a few different channels. and see if you have a WiF...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fighting City Hall (and winning)

I'm not sure, I would guess, roughly speaking, it could be considered Regulatory Arbitrage or a loophole. I don't have enough formal education or know...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Passing Calls to nearest 10 varas

That's my mistake in back and forth calculations between feet and varas. I have no idea how I did that.Out would have been 1389' and 1667'. 550v +/- ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Of Fences, Time, and Bulldozers

If you look closely enough you can see the faint etchings of the "1/4" in the stone on the left..;-)

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Passing Calls to nearest 10 varas

The crew would have been out at 556v. If the lines were run on the ground it doesn't seem like a plus or minus situation, they would have easily notic...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas GLO GIS Original Survey Lines

How is it the GLO can omit showing a patented survey, or did they forget to record the rejection of the patent ? :'( It is interesting to look at the ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas GLO GIS Original Survey Lines

It makes for interesting reading. You mention the GIS lines being maybe..thematic(?) in composition, but just running through the historic maps collec...

12 years ago
Reply
12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Connect Crowdfunding

Wow that does sound great. I've recently found out how hard it is getting to donate to worthwhile causes. Tried to donate to the Mozilla foundation re...

12 years ago
Page 101 / 139