Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
" It is also important that you have the prism at 330 feet say +/- 10 feet."..great. What would have happened if some field crew member had interprete...
You can even balance the compass on a square or flat lath with a steady hand and a little practice, provided you haven't beaten the piss out of the la...
If you have laths on both traverse points you can rest your compass on the lath and use that to steady up. It's considerably harder to stand and get a...
Phweww! Just found out this thread has possibly a theoretically finite end. " But zoom in closer—a billion times more—past zeptometers and yoctometers...
"Right of way is an open compound noun: "right" is the noun, "of way" is a prepositional phrase. You pluralize the noun"That just sounds correct. Thin...
How are the results of your RTK observations matching with the published coordinates?
Then the surveyor needed at least a modicum of scientific and legal knowledge. The possession of this learning alone was sufficient in frontier times ...
That sounds right. Sitting here trying to remember which instrument it was that had the notch cut out of the tribrach for the nine-pin serial connecti...
by stoner1826 @, Thursday, November 13, 2014, 21:17"I ran a traverse 3,000' between 3 original points, two were off 1.5' in different directions."by s...
"I was wondering if this is common in other parts of the country."Very common in rural parts. I would have never thought about the bird/seed angle, mo...
surveythemark - 2Leica numptys - 0
That's so scary to even think about.
Man!!! I wish I would have known that. 🙁 Mark, If the CF card is removed, is the instrument operating without the latest Check & Adjust ??Thank ...
You can always specify a different point, or use the one it prompts for. I was always happy to get past that. As long as the instrument spit out a mea...
One of the 1997 (or there about) issues has an interesting help wanted ad in it.Help Wanted: Survey Screw Chief.Reminds me of an employment ad. i saw ...