AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
otherhand
otherhand
@otherhand
Free
Joined: August 7, 2017 7:29 pm
Topics: 7 / Replies: 40
Reply
RE: California Road Dedication

I suspect the period between subdivision recordation and agency acceptance is a gray area upon which lawyers feed. A couple examples for my experience...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you call a "Pass through" cul de sac?

@nate-the-surveyor As an engineer, yes, I'd wonder what was being described. Were I writing it up for, say a description to the city council, I'd str...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you call a "Pass through" cul de sac?

As a Civil and Traffic engineer in the US, I've never seen the term "turnaround" used in such a manner. I don't know of a specific term for what you d...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New Mexico Eliminates Professional Licensure???

Well, it now appears this is unlikely to happen.?ÿ The Department of Regulation has reported back to the Guv's office that only a small part of what s...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New Mexico Eliminates Professional Licensure???

Well, not just yet, but likely soon. The executive order was a direction to the state's licensing boards to "make this happen", but setting it all up ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New Mexico Eliminates Professional Licensure???

I have read the executive order issued by the Guv and its main thrust appears to be acceptance of professional and occupational licenses issued by oth...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Re-celling to LiPo

But capacity remaining isn't linear to the indicated voltage. By the time you discharge to around 3.6 volts per cell, you've used about 80% of the rat...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In old Geodesy work, what's the difference between probable error and actual error?

Since I first posted my query I've been going through surveying books from the early 1900s and finally worked out the answer, which I'll post here to ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In old Geodesy work, what's the difference between probable error and actual error?

Paul, thank you for your comments. If I'm understanding what you're saying, the probable error is sort of a theoretical error based upon how something...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Recommendations for older Total Station < $1,000?

To close out this thread with an update, I'll report I was able to pick up a Sokkia Set3B II for the rather ridiculous price of only $300. Batteries w...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best tool for calculating distance between two points over very different epochs?

John, below (hopefully) is the WinTEQC QC printout showing the satellites I was tracking and their (lack of) quality. In the grand scheme $250 isn't a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Recommendations for older Total Station < $1,000?

Thanks, I'll have a look at those. Tom

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best tool for calculating distance between two points over very different epochs?

Just an update on this project......The Mt. Wilson observatory folks invited me up over the Thanksgiving break to set up my GPS and I have some prelim...

9 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Storm Sewer; Idly Wondering

In my career I've done street improvement plan review for several public agencies. All had a policy of requiring new manholes to be placed in the cent...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best tool for calculating distance between two points over very different epochs?

MathTeacher, I was using a standard 2 meter range pole for the antenna. I double checked that OPUS had 2.0 meters as in input to the antenna's ARP.I a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best tool for calculating distance between two points over very different epochs?

John, I'm limited to just my single 5700. I'll likely be up there by next weekend to make a first try and have a look around. I have heard from observ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best tool for calculating distance between two points over very different epochs?

John, I'm pretty sure that BM still exists, based upon the data sheet and also having parked in the lot before. I'm making an inquiry of the observato...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best tool for calculating distance between two points over very different epochs?

I do not have a total station. I probably would have picked up an old used one by now, but I happen to have a very old Dietzgen transit that's in beau...

9 years ago
Page 1 / 3