AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: More job security

@wendell this is a early April fools joke right. This made my day. My farm hands aka the kids were at birthday parties today so i was doing all the ch...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: More job security

@not-my-real-name i have to get some of what they are smoking because it has to be out of this world. Invisible metal pins. I mean i need my invisible...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

@bstrand I aggree. One thing i have not asked is if you are rotating the rod to try and compensate for a bubble out of adjustment is are you still kee...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@jacavell that statement “Following in the Footsteps “ has been beat into my brains since I first started surveying. I cherish that statement for sure...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@jacavell i try. I have one of those brains that doesn’t function well just being gold do this plus this and we are good. I have to dive in and unders...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@jacavell so true. I am working towards that goal. I probably should have been already licensed years ago. But after 7 plus years in private sector I...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

I can’t use with today’s tools data collector and software and office software why its so frowned upon to use a robot or other total station and just ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@dougie surely surveyors will not be bad word. This stuff will they.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@jacavell well things are changing but most people are never in wgs84 for survey grade no matter what they say historically. I remember hearing well c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Cyclone scanning software question

@dave-karoly Your statement on extra care in field is 100% correct. And that pertains to any survey not just scanning. If correct field procedures ar...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@jacavell I believe it’s not lack of intelligence Most Land Surveyors are very smart. I think its a not taking the time to see truly how simple it is ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@jacavell That is what is the issue is not understanding when coordinates are not just coordinates and are projected from the ellipsoid to a mapping p...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@base9geodesy yes I downloaded them. Send to my wife i will preserve them . At corbin Virginia. Now you probably know who i am. Can’t wait to see y...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@base9geodesy yes thats a great one. I am so glad I checked my values before depending on commercial software alone. Now that i have everything figure...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: More job security

Geezers. Where do I buy those invisible metal pins. I need some and guidance on how to store them for the crews to re stock the trucks and such. Hard...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Cyclone scanning software question

@john-putnam yeah i have done enough scanning in the past that I figured this was going to a be a tough turnaround so quickly. It has been 5 years no...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

@shelby-h-griggs-pls two hours I believe is a sweet spot for what we need to achieve for sure. If that second observation does not fall within a speci...

4 years ago
Page 83 / 139