AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Brining T1000 back: GSI receiver sw

@fairbanksls . Well I always kept a rod and tackle in the truck. I kinda got board with geodetic surveying and construction work. I just read all i c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mathteacher our first date collectors were really dumb boxes. They kinda started out just recording data so one had all the hz angles slope distance ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Brining T1000 back: GSI receiver sw

One of my all time favorites for topo back in the day. Using Wild soft to do field to finish. Man memories.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

If we all just accepted the fact the earth is not flat we all would not be having these conditions lol. No state plane system and no assuming the eart...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Pushing the limits of GPS accuracy using GPS Post processing

Choke ring vs non choke ring. If you take your antennas no matter which one zepher geodetic or choke ring. You need for what you are doing is to have ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mightymoe I was a little intrigued so i read the first part if the pdf that Montana DOT puts out. I really like the way it is written. They speak abo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Dini Digital Level (0.7) w/rod

Which rod do you have? How many? The two piece or the one piece Invar rod (s)

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mightymoe do you place geodetic north on surveys or grid north where you are located.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@bill93 . Even with our system today. 90% of what is done daily would not matter if we just left it on grid to begin with. We have become so intri...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@rover83 I was asked this question today. Will there be a different way to scale the new system to ground and how will we work with ground if it’s di...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

@lukenz what brand of gear are you running. I have not done it yet with rtk data but NGS opus projects beta version will allow I think gvx vectors an...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@norm crawl before you walk. But today in reality it’s running before we have crawled. Just pick this point and hit this check box compute ground sca...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@rover83 one thing that is needed is to blow up and highlight that definition of ground. This is what surveyors know but do not relate often. All of ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mathteacher well most definitely. I have had to have that document in my possession since at-least 1994. I do not know how I got it. It was in with s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

Sorry I can’t figure this i phone out so someone can fix but this is a old goody. From the old letters

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

One thing that also doesn’t help is the one point factor like TBC uses and DOT’s using one factor at zero zero. And we end up saying and calling that ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Party chief Survey, test questions

@mightymoe you nailed it. With that being above 1.000000 it is secant if memory serves me correctly. Now he needs to know if thats in a transverse me...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

The scale factor. To project the data from ellipsoid to the plane aka mapping projection. Every surveyor needs to understand the limitations of differ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: New truck outfit

If one man than a robot will be needed. Here is where you will get difference of opinions on brands. I like Trimble but the con is the reflector-less ...

4 years ago
Page 82 / 139