AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Pushing the limits of GPS accuracy using GPS Post processing

@pfirmst yeah laser trackers with the right smr holder are awesome and so are radial arm scanners. But they have to be understood and what influences ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mathteacher if we are on grid the mapping projections. The distances are shorter so the square feet will be less and acreage will bel less numerical ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

I believe the state plane system did exactly what it was intended to do. It was designed to keep math simple in the days of mostly hand calculations s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Cool find!

@holy-cow I think i would throw a hip out or my back if I attempted that move. I use to do a very good monument shuffle though. You know those corner ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Cool find!

@holy-cow I needed that . Degnabit. My wife would tell you to keep them coming. I will have to pay you for the lesson.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: In my time as a surveyor

@holy-cow Do they even still make the steel tape repair kits. I messed one up once was in a back lots of a subdivision and we had pulled the distance....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: In my time as a surveyor

These are the types of stories that drew me to Surveying in the beginning. They are what I missed when i was doing other geomatics stuff and wanted to...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Cool find!

You will remember that forever I promise. 1994 i was taping down a line on a rural boundary and found a chain. At one end was a chaining pen the other...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Brining T1000 back: GSI receiver sw

@john-putnam I agree. It was a quick system. Code 101 run break line type 2 run record lol. Geezers how does that crap stay in my head. Man if you did...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@jitterboogie I just pulled the data sheets on a airport pac sacs and other control today. Getting the Field package ready for my crews hitting the gr...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@jitterboogie i might have to take you up on some civil 3d training. I am slow and not productive in that at all. I have one monitor for cad and one f...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@jitterboogie well i don’t have enough time to figure out civil 3d. All i know is our template has pre set to nad 83 state plane zone x. Always set. I...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@jitterboogie So in civil 3d when i set my drawing properties and i choose nad83 state plane etc etc datum and all. Is my drawing now in grid is it us...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mathteacher cad Trimble Business Center i can compute lines in grid or ground within the same project. I have no idea about other cad programs but ha...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@rover83 it’s to easy. . Had a manager say its not and he wanted ground always so he could see the difference in deed. Now i can tell you we are abou...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Pushing the limits of GPS accuracy using GPS Post processing

@pfirmst you are doing metrology measurements. Ok i have worked in that world with laser trackers etc. here is something you might look into since yo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@rover83 you can lead a horse to water but ya can’t make him drink. I believe your statement sums up a good defense of a tiered license system. At ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mightymoe well thank you. Not a lot of difference in geodetic and astronomical anyway. But if i was within a minute i would say they were all over it...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mightymoe hey it was prior to the year 2000 when i was on a survey crew in the PLSS arena. I do still have a BLM manual but only cracked it to refre...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@dmyhill you might just be onto something. Surveyors have kept to themselves and used various means to get things done through legal channels. I admi...

4 years ago
Page 81 / 139