AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Ticks! Millions of ticks!

@holy-cow The ticks are bad this year in my area as well. I mean bad. I walked through the pasture yesterday to return a wheel barrel to my neighbor....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN elevation question - rookie

@jim-frame Wow. Yall have a lot of movement to deal with often. I guess yall have to track velocities often for a lot of jobs. With that type of move...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble workflow

The instrument height is the height above your point of occupancy. The vertical distance is the difference of the mark aka your prop corner and your ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN elevation question - rookie

I think he nailed most of it. Find out from the RTN provider what they are tied to. Aka what hz datum and vertical datum. Dont know where you are but ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Data Transfer

@williwaw i think you will love the R12i. If you like to topo and such with rtk. That tilt rod is awesome. It has saved me several times. One locating...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Data Transfer

@williwaw Those old tsc3 are bullet proof. I liked the tsc5 but I only ran it for a few weeks in field. We run tsc7 but i don’t have to tote that suck...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Data Transfer

What reciever and data collector are you using. What epoch rate are you collecting . What baseline distance or is it just for a opus type thing. I do ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS/TS Traverse with Trimble Access

If you don’t have TBC you will probably have to modify what rover stated a but to fit the system in which you adjust in. I do my best on all new jobs ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS/TS Traverse with Trimble Access

If you don’t have TBC you will probably have to modify what rover stated a but to fit the system in which you adjust in. I do my best on all new jobs ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practice for creating survey drawings?

@dougie I agree that most distances for boundaries are reduced to A horizontal plane. State plane or ground etc. However just in the last couple mont...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) Training Program

@thebionicman not bad at all. I have enjoyed working and site seeing all over. We are planning a long trip a couple years out to take the girls on a t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) Training Program

@thebionicman gotcha. Is that where you are . I have not been out west in years. My brother and I almost bought a ranch out there once. Nice area but ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) Training Program

@thebionicman I will have to look into that. I have to ask a silly question. What is OIT. I know a few acronym’s but so many duplicates that are in my...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

@adam Now that can solve lots of problems for sure. This is a good thread. I not being licensed yet but under one was retracing one that had some dis...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83/94

@mightymoe gotcha. The whole longterm project thing is a issue. I am dealing with projects like that myself. Since being back on this side and learnin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Helmerts mathematics

@summerprophet gotcha.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Has anyone running TBC used this feature

@chris-bouffard yeah i checked several around the site. The grid distances we’re from gps observations. It seemed to compute the ground distance corr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83/94

@bill93 great point. I would assign the correct geoid to the correct horizontal datum. They do not need to be mixed either. Had a similar situation n...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83/94

@mightymoe You are the second person I have seen state NAVD 29. I have used NAVD88 and NGVD29. But is navd29 = to ngvd29. Wondering if someone uses ...

3 years ago
Topic
Page 75 / 139