AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Topic
Reply
RE: Helmerts mathematics

How many parameters are you looking to perform 3 or 7 etc.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83/94

I aggree with Rover. But Maybe an adjustment was done around 94 and they kinda have a typo. What state are you in. I bet if i have to guess someone...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Accuracy standards

I ask that same question on running regular traverses. Had to pull history on my boss on that one. He said surveyors always have and always will run t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

@base9geodesy After the convention when I got home. The wife just said naughty boys punish themselves. But I had fun catching up with people i had no...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

@base9geodesy you mean i get to see you twice in a couple months. Oh boy my liver is going to be mad at me. Lol.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

@johnmay The wife sais hello. I wish i were going to learn but I will just be playing in the pool I reckon. Making sure the kids don’t add critters to...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

@holy-cow yeah right. If I even asked her that I might become a square bale. Lol. Actually she does help like driving tractor as i load bales on wago...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hey, It's Upside Down

@john-hamilton That is neat. I was in uniform when I was working along the equator. I had done some static control and absolute positioning on WGS84 (...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

@bill93 that’s correct. She handles a lot of training stuff when she has time from keeping me out of trouble. If you ever signed up for any webinars o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

@holy-cow yes she will be doing some presentation. I don’t know how many from the office will. So she came up with the idea to surprise the girls with...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hey, It's Upside Down

@john-hamilton I did some work at the equator and the survey geek in me had to set a few points at 0 just so I could say i stood on both sides lol.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

Might see you. The wife is presenting and I will be wrangling kidos at the pool I believe. We are thinking it might make a good mini vacation for the ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevations - RTK vs Levelled

Nice. I did something similar on a job but it was wide open. I used rtk base rover and total station and ran some levels. The rtk beat total station a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

@chris-bouffard Thats sounds like my first time on a lenker. I liked the philly rods for everyday work but once you go big and have an invar it just w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

@chris-bouffard I know some crews know how. it use to be normal for all crews to have a level and level rod and know how. Yes a total station can get ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

@bill93 that could be true. That is why we would shuck it a few times and re check before moving forward. It was somewhat of an art to get them set co...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

@chris-bouffard Oh come on man. Not 2 or 3 decades lol. Probably one of those skills that still has its place yet no time to teach it. I have found a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

oh my. Lenker aka elevation rod. I don’t know why its said to not be as precise as a philly rod. They came in the same graduations tenths and hundred...

3 years ago
Page 76 / 139