AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Topo survey deliverables for civil engineer doing site plan

I just completed one. Sow / contract. We did the topo and another did the ALTA Boundary work. Almost at the same time so we had to wait on the alta be...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I consider was taught have they been abandoned am I missing something?

@chris-bouffard Terrific advice you received. I started my surveying career as a you redneck country boy. A bush axe and I was going to the local tec...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I consider was taught have they been abandoned am I missing something?

@norman-oklahoma we use to turn to church steeples antennas as we traverses around a property angles only no direct reflex back then. So no matter whe...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I consider was taught have they been abandoned am I missing something?

@norman-oklahoma I love and used resection’s a lot when i was in the field. As a matter of fact when i set my primary travers control I always kept th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: International Feet

@dougie and plumbers. And all those me. Sayin this is 8” inches LOL

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Estimating and Tracking software

@themonkeyman well do your homework as it has been years since i did much with salesforce like 2005-2008 ish. We started with microsoft outlook busine...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Cadastral Surveyor

Thanks for the info. I will be studying that for sure. Welcome.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: International Feet

@trimbleman yeah here north 3million east11million. South zone. The state south of me totals about 4 to 6ft. All around. That scares me more than the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS webinar 22 June 2023 transitioning to new NSR

@norman-oklahoma You can build custom datums and projections in esri software aleast we could when i was using it. Now i didnt design it in esri i did...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I consider was taught have they been abandoned am I missing something?

@chris-bouffard AMEN. You as we say down south shucked the corn clean down to the cob. Just by the way you state things. From what I perceive is you ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I consider was taught have they been abandoned am I missing something?

@chris-bouffard yes my questions are not one line answers all ways. But i just wanted to get a feel for how things were and see that i am taking care...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: International Feet

@mightymoe yeah I think i got ptsd from running the gun trying line a crew chief in meters until i just said the heck with it told him left right in f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things I consider was taught have they been abandoned am I missing something?

@lurker Hey thanks. I know everyone has different management styles and leadership styles. And not always can we do what we want because someone highe...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: International Feet

@mightymoe I remember mid to late 90’s Laying out a road in Colorado. Our requirement was to stake and mark stakes in meters. The earth work contract...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@norman-oklahoma yeah. At FIG. They showed some of those types of cors builds like shown above. I have been to many CORS in GA. And VA. And KY. Eve...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: International Feet

Make sure if you have to do this and coordinates are published on something like state plane or utm. You have meta data note. Here its a 25 ft shift. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@holy-cow I thought we were friends . Oh she keeps me straight. I am so good i have to plan on getting in trouble. I also have ocean front prope...

3 years ago
Page 70 / 139