AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Point me in the right direction or give me a few examples please

@norm Thanks. I also understand that different locations and even different PLS will do things differently make different decisions and use different ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Point me in the right direction or give me a few examples please

@rover83 That is extremely helpful. And yes acreage should be along the meandering river not tie line. I agree. I guess the tie line is more to make t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Point me in the right direction or give me a few examples please

@bill93 that was exactly on the one survey i retraced. The boundary was it no date. Riperian. He had the surveyor i was following on his plat points a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Point me in the right direction or give me a few examples please

@norman-oklahoma Tie Line is setting a point that is not in the river but online and would on a plat sometimes have bearing and distance parallel to t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Point me in the right direction or give me a few examples please

@gary_g I saw that and the fundraiser thing. I should have jumped in on some of that for sure. It is sad to admit but I am not a big shopper on inte...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@gstritter lol yellow jackets first as i was swatting them from tractor seat i some how hit the hornets nest in the tree line. I am sure it would have...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@gstritter I imagine once you get your professional surveyor reserved he or she will explain. Maybe not in the way i did but probably better. Yes I w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@gstritter i just got off the tractor and saw you needed a rough price. I think most surveyors are reasonable, actually i think many do it way to che...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@gstritter glad to help. A lot of others gave great advice as well. If they say 3 months go ahead and reserve your spot now. Or you will still be loo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking with Someone Else's bad control points

@rover83 I wish i had 2 days advanced notice. I have several jobs where my crew is on site from the boss guidances and they call and say we need this ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access, how to assign elevation to previous shots

@christ-lambrecht yeah well i am not a cad guru. But i am tweaking my code library and i can do that after the fact as well to use in surface or not f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access, how to assign elevation to previous shots

@bstrand Yeah i have not dealt a lot in access doing these things. I remember carlson years ago sometimes had a hiccup for like offsets. Sometimes it ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access, how to assign elevation to previous shots

@bstrand to make sure i am understanding correctly. You go out with a rtk unit and observe say top of a manhole and your rod hight is 2m to bottom of ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Am I a survey Tech, or a Surveyor?

@holy-cow i am sorry but two commercials from the 90’s just flashed in my brain 1. R-O-L-A-I-D-S 2. Tum T Tum Tum Tums.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@stacy-carroll Oh wow. The wife and my daughter just returned from Winchester today. They took the youngest to meet grandma halfway. Winchester is ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking with Someone Else's bad control points

@chris-bouffard I just went to one same exact thing. Crews found control that we were given from a civil 3d file. Stamped plans and engineering being...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@stacy-carroll love that. When I worked for the agency my commute average was 2hrs one way. Traffic sometimes up to 4 hours. I literally slept at rest...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@dougie And these and rural boundaries family divisions is why at my age i am wanting to get licensed. One of the main reasons i came back to land sur...

3 years ago
Page 67 / 139