AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: RPLS.com swag has begun to arrive...

Nice . Fyi I tried to PM you on a subject. I hope i did it correctly.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Fixing wrong cords on control point

@glasscake That is scary. Error on e but not 2nd time. I only remember survey pro when it was TDS in a hp 48. I did use a recon a few days once helpin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding points in the pavement

@mlove5648 using that method you could roast some hotdogs and smores for lunch.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Things that you see on a survey site....

Well you have done it now. Let me know if you get back up to knob point. And any stamped caps with wssi on them maybe i was on those many years ago. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: ?? manual for SDR-Map (or TrimMap) Roads

I will check my storage and see if i still have one of those. Talking about shaking the dust off my brain lol . The first thing that comes to my mind...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 20 July 2023 State Plane 2022 Preview

This should be a good one. We will begin to see what it will all look like . And be able to use the Alpha version to tinker a little.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding points in the pavement

@paden-cash I had a summer job working in a lab for fiberglass resin. My first time being introduced to acetone which i used a lot being a summer time...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Something HAS to give

@rover83 very true. Now I usually well I try and have the property computed up from deed or plat in the beginning. Once I or the crews have been in...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding points in the pavement

Probably not allowed these days. But cotton picker spindles were set in cl of gravel roads for property corners. They eventually paved those old roads...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@andy-j Oh come on this is the fun jobs. This is what i live for and wish i were licensed to try this stuff. But yes everyone is correct these are ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Something HAS to give

@macheteman69 I worked in government and the Peter Principal is embraced. I have seen people promoted because they could not be fired and no one wante...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Something HAS to give

@holy-cow Understanding who you are following is a big thing to me. I have called several people as we are retracing these old plots of land that have...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Something HAS to give

@macheteman69 I am seeing that as very true statement. And to add to those who start with the larger firms and thats the only place they have ever bee...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Geomatics

This has been an interesting read for sure. I started out knowing nothing but civil engineer professional or registered Land Surveyor As I began gett...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

@jitterboogie I did a google search on average cost for a land survey in my zip code for fun. Yeah that doesn’t help us either because that price is w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice on Pricing Repeat Clients

@holy-cow yeah. I am trying to juggle learning what i need surveying wise and also juggling the cost and proposals type stuff. We have no administrati...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice on Pricing Repeat Clients

@chris-bouffard good grief. I remember as a crew chief in the 90’s we had a person that delivered truck bed load of supplies to us at a job site becau...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice on Pricing Repeat Clients

@chris-bouffard thats so true for sure. Everything has gone up so our prices as well. It is crazy times. I picked up 1k well less in supplies last wee...

3 years ago
Page 65 / 139