AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Tool Belt

Knee pads. I need some for the farm truck. When I was doing construction staking back in early 90’s I had an old heavy solid survey vest loaded with t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: F1/F2 angles outside parameters

You are seeing large differences at short distances in angular measurements in passive mode. Do the math to see what that distance error would be for...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Noob Question

What are your units. In both dc tbc and cad. Here its around 25 ft. That could be a issue. But as rover stated. Csv is a points file. Tbc can help y...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Turned Angle Issue

You comment about what should on autolock and the issue of getting something back and making it SOP to run through everything is SPOT on. Our dealer d...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Turned Angle Issue

Depending on dealer when you get the instrument back they have usually zeroed out everything from a clean and cal you get a little certificate etc.. B...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Base and Rover R12 and R12i

ALL yes I understand that about the grid for sure. We do a very tight topo breaklines more dense than every 50 ft. No matter what. But after that is ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Base and Rover R12 and R12i

I aggree. Vrs in my area has a few issues. Not reliable in this job site area and cell coverage is bad as well. Hood old fashion base and rover on sit...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Turned Angle Issue

I have seen this before. TWO things stick out on top of what the others have said. Run the Calibration and collimation routine on the robot even the a...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 2111
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

Yeah we sorta did that. My boss was scratching his head on this one for sure. I was upset because between time and evidence and not getting all the re...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

I will not lie. I was feeling it for a while. I don't seem to recover as quickly as I use to and I am not in the field everyday so I have become fat a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

Been out of town in no cell zone sorry this is my first post on the new rpls. Yes I do some of the drafting well learning. I usual do all the qa / qc...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

@fairbanksls I hope so. There is another group here all old school licensed surveyors in the field and we discuss issues tonight. He said all over thi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

Well got down to site with a couple hours to do one last run around before traversing and mapping. Took a gut instinct and lined myself up with those ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

@la-stevens Thanks. My boss showed up this morning and i went over my findings and the additional research i found. He had the same issues with deeds ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

@aliquot Following the footsteps. The original survey is without error. I have traced this one back with my limited knowledge and experience to where ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing control to a site

@bc-surveyor So waiting here to put kids to bed i did a quick search and the florida network is tied to nsrs many of the stations are cors. In a manua...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing control to a site

@bc-surveyor if its the florida network ran by florida dot and its a job for them you might not need to do any static work. They probably say somethin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Meal ticket or career?

@chris-bouffard Oh I appreciate that and yes it took me some time to adjust back. And still to this day in certain situations especially if i am truly...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

Ok i have just discovered something. A number on the bearing is upside down and backwards. Didn’t years ago some people drafted upside down and if so...

3 years ago
Page 55 / 139