AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Field Checking a tribrach

They do still come with hangers. Just got on a crew chief when i was teaching him how to pegg a level and noticed the plumb bob holder had beeping rem...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Following a GPS survey

@rover83 Under canopy with today’s gnss is amazing even doing rtk. When i was in the mountains and down in a valley I had set up to get on datum but...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Following a GPS survey

So true. Much easier. All one needs to do is take a little time and gain the understanding of GPS and how whatever particular manufacturer handles it’...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Following a GPS survey

Sounds like you and the other surveyor have great procedures and he obviously gave you the information needed to follow him aka scale etc. Which is ho...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

Does carlson cad not have a smart text type feature for labels. I thought all the big cad platforms had that. In TBC if I label the elevation as text ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Federal government shutdown proactive measures

She said hello as well. Now do me a favor if the govt shuts down come take her pen and paper away because i can see her making me a bigger honey do li...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Federal government shutdown proactive measures

I have spent some late nights down loading and processing network rtk stations in my area and using the NGS CORS data to determine a tie to published ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

I was a twinkle in my moms eye during that time. USMC 2000-2005. I went in older. I was scheduled to go in the week after graduating high school but w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

Yes changing the rod or instrument height works. Taking a points file and just dropping the elevation of all points a tenth does not always work. I ma...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

Uhmmm it depends. ZA can bite you. If not close to 90. I would edit the raw total station data and recompute. Vs just lowering by a tenth.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Base and Rover R12 and R12i

Yes very true on r12i. It has made me a believer for sure. I was out in field and had a chief with me as we have been down field personnel. He said i ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Description of the week

Oh my. How was the evidence on the ground.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boots Again

I had a pair of Whites I saved up for took me a couple years and had from 1998-jan 2000 I loves those boots. In Jan 2000 I joined the USMC. Somehow be...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Base and Rover R12 and R12i

Yeah I have slowly been weening my crews off of grabbing a robot first. It has taken me a while and lots of proof to prove to the LS that most of the ...

3 years ago
Page 54 / 139