AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

@gary_g I did because during my studying for va exam and some research I did on another job that was done in poles and i went to that site and said ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Meal ticket or career?

@chris-bouffard I will not argue that. I had an d Gunny in the Marines who use to say I can sleep all I want once i am dead but not getting any sleep ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Meal ticket or career?

I look at surveying like owning cattle it just gets into your blood and doesn’t go away. When I started it was just luck after surveying for 7 plus ye...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

@holy-cow Thank you. So would any of you give credence to large tree’s diameter that is apparent left from parcels being timbered. To me most everyth...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary issue deed question

@nate-the-surveyor Thanks Nate. Its a puzzle. The last time anything was surveyed was 1952. After that its just been willed down the line. In the 70’...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 1780
Reply
RE: Bringing control to a site

@bc-surveyor STATIC is better than RTK this can be seen just by the manufactures specs. Now RTK today vs when some of us first started is as good as t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

@lukenz Also this will probably throw you for a loop. static. if you process with an absolute antenna cal file and do not orient the antenna correctly...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello From Detroit

@seve7 yeah i don’t miss doing alignments and such. When you have to calibrate a torque wrench and can see when one is getting out of adjustment as yo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing control to a site

@bc-surveyor Most Land Surveyors are not doing PPP here. Absolute would be interpreted as to the datum and then relative to itself for local relative...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

. One of the things is in all of this that the whole file antex etc is based off facing the antenna north. Its a map of signals that dynamic not stat...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

@lukenz how many mm on your system now add atleast 3 mm to that plus or minus because no one antenna exact same model would be much closer the. Double...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

@mark-mayer 15 years ago about. A manufacturer sent in the 3 antennas to be calibrated all the same model. Those 3 antennas all agreed to a few mm of ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

@lukenz I would just go to the NGS site and look at the file for your antenna and do the math. Remember no matter what it is you double that at 180 de...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing control to a site

Yeah i just did. Project and had to achieve specs like NormanOK stated. I worked with NGS and followed the recommendations of at a minimum 2 4 hour se...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello From Detroit

Welcome. I have used the laser trackers and smr myself. Once set up they can do almost anything like what you are doing for sure. You can set up more ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing control to a site

Which network are you connecting to in Florida. Does eGPS still have there network in that area? I think FDOT has guidelines for using network rtk. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

If he is blocking satellites with his head or body that could cause issues. If he has reflective materials clothes etc multi-path could come into play...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 6:41 P.M. and 103 F

@aliquot Jerry Reed said when you’re hot you’re hot when you’re not you’re not. So feelings do not matter .

3 years ago
Reply
RE: "Detail Oriented" Lot Owner

@bstrand That is to funny. Whats Bob up to now like 99 years old.

3 years ago
Page 56 / 139