AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Have you used station set up plus much on those tighter tolerances jobs.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

I am with you on that. That first 360 they came out with for S6. Then they had that little box grey with ability to search active to make sure it was ...

3 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Yeah many things have changed for sure some are not driven by just liability but i am in agreement with you on that for sure. Sometimes its a matter ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Yeah technology has truly changed some of the processes. If I were pinning back years ago. It would have been a total station set a couple corners or...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Never heard the RMT called a brick prism. I was thinking more along the lines of the old rectangular bracket the held several prisms. That is the one...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

What all do you stake in subdivisions. Man if i would have had a robot to do subdivisions layout back years ago i would have been tickled pink. We set...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

So true. After the first afternoon on this project. Which was mostly drive time and getting supplies finding control etc. I found a good long flat a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

A lot of old prism had a spot for a candy cane to set on top of them for sighting horizontally. So not all fancy like today’s prisms. There were recta...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Lol I did that years ago. Before the robot days. So i man had to be on his game

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

We have 2021.10. On one and 2023.10 on the other TSC7. Yeah I don’t think he is worried if i was laying down. We made some decent progress under th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Wow. That seems strange. I am using radio as well. So mine are few seconds yall. Are seeing 7”. Sounds now like a manufacturer issue. In building th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Funny you talked about the short rod. Set 3 points today a couple yesterday with one. I could only see down low so yanked it out the bag. Crew chief s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Gotcha. Why are s5’s are not taking but a few seconds to shoot in semi active mode vs your 7” time frame I don’t know. We tested again today and neve...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

I did want to say in the survey style i used all defaults for the 5 measure avg. not 2 like yours. If i were setting anchor bolts I wouldn’t be usin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

I did it the same way as you as well. Thats what i meant is I checked it and no matter which way i did this it was all about the same. You can hit ent...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Ok sorry for the delay. We been busting it on this job lots of rebars and aluminum caps. So this old man is tired. We have a .02 ft tolerance. Stakin...

3 years ago
Page 48 / 139