AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

You nailed that. Then the line of I expect if I am paying Crew chief wages they should know. I am like you hired them. I personally spend a lot of ti...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

Yeah that joint transcipt thing came out after I got out but it supposed to be set up that I will receive credits for that as well. I know 3 ABET coll...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

That’s very interesting. I do see some of what you are saying in reality. Especially the part about mentorship. It seems I see the whole if I am goo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

$20 per hour with no experience right out of HS. Yeah you are seeing what I am seeing. I know every area is different and what the market will handle ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

What state are you in. I am very interested in the aspect of them accepting military experience. This is something that I have not seen in every state...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What Do You Call Paint Marks?

Yeppers. I had to call miss utility before I dig on farm. Anytime I am close by 10 ft or more to any markings. I am extra careful for sure. Because it...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What Do You Call Paint Marks?

There are different levels of SUE. So not all paint markings are equal. This is where a Note on the plat or map needs to be made in order to protect t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Prisms

It depends really. Everything had to calibrated for what I was doing. What I can tell you is I remember the two good decor prisms a different offset w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to set radio channel with Survey Pro 6.8 on an old Topcon Hiper Ga

If you get this to communicate please do some checking between known points like base is on a known and rover. At one time topcon had a issue in some ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

Yes yes yes. The difference between accuracy and precision is also in this scenario. Accuracy to the datum. If you set two points in the same scenario...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4000ssi and radio going cheap

Man you could set those up and log data and send to opus for a cheap way to get on datum for sure. And yes they were heavy. Imagine that on your back...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Prisms

You could get some readings from the metrology side of the house. They don’t use the term prism but SMR. In Williamsburg VA there is a place that does...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4000ssi and radio going cheap

Those things were absolutely bulletproof. I used that civilian version and the military version for many years. Static fast static. PPK then RTK as ba...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

I always turn rounds. To control and property corners. I also will do direct and reverse when tagging a Finish Floor I know a lot of people do not. So...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

No sir. I can’t gps every where so I will do conventional in those areas. It depends on job. How and what I do. I am setting control now on several di...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

If you play around with the snaps. Also think of it this way corner to corner you can Cj that distance. You can create a point at whatever distance al...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

Man I have come to love the description field. It is absolutely right there for a crew chief to add a little extra information that I might need to se...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

I meant delete the old jobs sorry. Just keep the csv files in the project folders is all. I don’t know why if being linked to a csv file he would hav...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

You can link to as many different csv files as you want and job files. Now you don’t want to link to job files of a different datum. Or that have poin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

I have been a way from every day surveying and when I returned I was handed civil 3d microsurgery TBC . Out of all of them for comps and was/qc and ma...

3 years ago
Page 40 / 139