AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Isolate Points with Vertical Offsets

TGO that option was very nice. It was not hard to query for anything and get it out to excel for a custom type report or analysis for sure. I hope the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey Cad

Thanks I will give that a try tomorrow first thing. I am assuming that all data collector software today logs a date and time stamp in some way. With...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey Cad

Yeah the do something similar here. I just have a situation where I was needing the date something was observed and my Trimble Business Center brain k...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey Cad

Gotcha. Thanks. Yeah I create a layer as well with date. I just have one of those task that having the actual field date it was collected would be han...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1259
Reply
RE: Trimble receiver settings for static surveys

Yeah so once my receiver is set up I don’t have to go into the receiver to configure things. I use the data collector and set it up. Like I said I tur...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble receiver settings for static surveys

If sending to OPUS make sure you have the logging rate at an intervals of 30 seconds. This can be set up in the survey style. You can log data to the ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

I have not. I don’t have anything but his t04 file

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

I had one at the last place. It was an emergency rush. I was processing scan data and the laptop they had given me was not built for that. So they sen...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

lol. It is a hard habit to break for me. I am aware so I am knowing how I am. Like GI Joe use to say knowing is half the battle. Sometimes I can’t tur...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

I should have had him send me the rinex file to look at. I don’t have a rinex converter yet on the new work computer. So I was handicapped from doing ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

I will most definitely check dell out. I just have to wrap my head around the specs needed for lidar scanning cad platforms and such to make sure I ge...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

Yeah I told him that for every job I did here I submitted it both ways and always had good results with the RTX. You are exactly correct it was always...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

Thank you. We figured out opus was working but even today the files abort in opus both via rinex only and through the Trimble online processor. I don’...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

I think @rover83 and @murphy nailed their points. I believe this is why the ALTA relative position tolerances not a bad guide to follow. .07 + 50ppm...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson & Civil 3D

I just started running Carlson civil survey on top of civil 3d. So far Carlson has made my limited cad experience much easier. It is way more intuitiv...

3 years ago
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 19
Views: 1477
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

I think you are thinking correctly by not just trying for the minimum standard. It is why many as mentioned above from others now perform a least squa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

Back in the 90’s if we closed less than 1:50000 and or the angle angle misclosure was less than the old specs we re ran them. That was manual total st...

3 years ago
Page 37 / 139