AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Need spanner wrench for 1956 K&E Transit

I might be able to get you a tripod. I will call a guy who might still have a few in storage. Now they will probably be painted OD Green or what’s lef...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

Don’t ya know that when people bother you that’s an opportunity for you to make more money. Just tell them to smile and you will take a picture of the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson civil survey

I figured it could do that. However I have to do it the way they have always done it and they have strict rules and processes to follow. TBC is like C...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson civil survey

Thanks a bunch. I have begun as time permits looking at some of the tutorials for sure. These designs in this case have been done in civil 3d. So we c...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1261
Reply
RE: RTK GNSS Multipath Guidelines

I don’t know if you can find them on the web. But University of Texas at Austin has done a lot of testing on multipath in general both near far etc. d...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

Ok Riddle Me this Batman. How can we call someone an individual a Party Chief or Crew Chief or say we run a 1 man crew. Cre is more than 1. A group. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TSC5 and RS232 Data collector cable

Oh man yes. We had to update the total station is all. It just didn’t work for the Bluetooth adapter contraption we made. It was a much older Nikon. I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Permethrin factory treated clothes

I will help and give this a bump. We are right around the corner from the season for sure. We use to treat our own in the USMC basically had a washing...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

That word redundancy is key. That is a word not used much now days. It goes for conventional traverse to static to rtk etc. When even doing an opus wh...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

On the short legs. To be honest this depends. If short bs and you are long fs a set up or two with no cross ties back to that set it can bite you. W...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

Well only if you tell it to apply them. I always applied them but many people do not. They say it doesn’t matter as they only measure short distances...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

Add curvature and refraction corrections . Also add cross ties and good geometric figure to the primary control set up even if this creates a few mor...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Specify PRS?

Yes very good discussion. When I operated a VRS network one of the things that we as operators had to decide was. 1: how often do we update the VRS o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

Thank you. I will confirm with the LS as it’s his data. And get that to you. I have personally seen some of those issues you have discussed in the pas...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Specify PRS?

Yes you could pull that data into opus projects. Even the prs or VRs stations if that’s what you need. I always process the stations in my rtk network...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Specify PRS?

Rover is correct. If you have VRS. Before going out down load and process static between the two or 3 stations holding the NCN station. You can then v...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey Cad

Thank you all. I think the point history will work. I will have spend some time working with it for sure.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

You have been given some of the best wisdom in this thread. I mean some great advice. Here is some old sayings to help you remember. Lead follow or g...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Isolate Points with Vertical Offsets

I did about the same as you going through the raw data. It only takes getting burned once before you truly pay attention to that stuff. I always took ...

3 years ago
Page 36 / 139