AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Visualizing chain of title over time

Rubber sheeting is what is happening for sure. But that’s because of lack of knowledge. Imagery can only be so accurate and so precise. One doesn’t h...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Visualizing chain of title over time

What you describe is a perfect solution for GIS. Once you use cad and comp everything you could simply attribute the takes and gives several different...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Putting the puzzle together.

Maybe he was rich not poor. Or just having a bad day. I know one that always pushes the blame down the line. I didn’t do that my cad tech did. Respons...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Putting the puzzle together.

I always ask which North. Assumes Geodetic Astronomic Grid Then often get the deer in headlights look along with there is only one north up. lol.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Putting the puzzle together.

Yeah at my last place of work I was doing lots of map checks. On plats about to be signed. By others. That whole wrong quadrant thing can get tricky r...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Putting the puzzle together.

Yeah learning this stuff is exactly that. Frustrating but comforting. Hopefully I will continue to learn all of this. One thing for sure is someone is...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Pound Signs Used with Surveyors' Registration Numbers

Maybe it’s not the # sign as you see it but a challenge to tic tac toe. lol.

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1162
Reply
RE: Pound Signs Used with Surveyors' Registration Numbers

Geezers it was only a few years ago I had even heard the term hashtag lol. My wife rolled her eyes. I knew it as the number and pound sign. But this s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil3d To Google Earth Label problems

I have done text not labels from tbc. To a kml. It gets tough to read on a phone if your crews read it so I often had to play with the elevation on th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unlicensed Surveyors in Senior Positions

This is a very interesting topic. So before I put my foot in my mouth. I am not licensed yet. I am working towards that goal. I had a PLS under me. I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Traverse to a known point advice

So I assume your datum is ellipsis based so check what settings against some known points. So as you move east and west the scale changes on that proj...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Traverse to a known point advice

In Trimble Access choose the correct datum and state plane zone. Just like you would if doing RTK. Geoid and all. An approximate project height. Turn ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Traverse to a known point advice

That’s my thinking. I would probably rtk some starting pair. Set base up and start the static. While traversing and truck right along. If another crew...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Traverse to a known point advice

If you are running all Trimble both field and office. I will say first the fast static / static for inter visible pairs make sure they are far apart ...

3 years ago
Reply
3 years ago
Page 38 / 139