AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: GPS setup along interstate

That’s not to bad. On 3 miles. In between each project. What’s the length of each project though.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS setup along interstate

Yeah I say that for establishment of starting control the VRS and cell is awesome when it has been tested. But once you are on a site and doing mappin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS setup along interstate

If I am understanding the scope correctly. You are just locating center line and that way you can come back and basically put it back where it was bef...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS setup along interstate

One reason on not using cell is cell coverage and the other is latency. I don’t mind using cell and have done it both with single base and VRS FKP etc...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Need spanner wrench for 1956 K&E Transit

I have not heard back from him yet. He is probably off doing something fun but if he gets back to me I will let you know for sure.

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

True. We do have more than enough here though.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

Small tack and washer. Oh my that brings back memories. Come bottle tops snuff can lids washers . We called them shiners. And I have set my fair share...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

I can understand that if trees are to be harvested yet most foresters around here leave the trees close to the lines so they are a bit conservative it...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What am I doing wrong Carlson Cad

Yes sir . Yeah I am a bit ocd so I make sure when I create the center line from poly line I reverse the direction if it’s not going clockwise. Trying...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What am I doing wrong Carlson Cad

Yeah. I figured out some of the issues. And why it was reversing stationing at certain places. The base drawing I was working from had crissed crossed...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

That is something that is being a lost art or procedure. I am seeing very little new lines blazed now days. I retraced one last year that some of the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Body cameras for field work?

Yeah they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words. I am not opposed to the taking pictures for sure. I think it’s great. I had a job I did and the LS in ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What am I doing wrong Carlson Cad

Thank you. Let me clarify a bit better. So at this point for how they work here elevations are no concern. I have created the poly line using 2dp etc...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1259
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

Ok I found the article online in the archives./p>

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Body cameras for field work?

Another use for that body cam if you are walking the bounds and it is getting video as you walk and you could simply review it and say why didn’t I se...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction of a boundary

I will try and find it but there was an article in POB or one of the surveying magazines years ago talking about a legal case on this very topic. I ac...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unbelievable

So this brings up something that I don’t see being done as often now days like I was taught back years ago. It has actually been frowned upon in our a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

I like that. It’s like having a Cadillac riding on bad tires and warped rims. No matter how accurate and precise an instrument is if what it’s settin...

3 years ago
Page 35 / 139