AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

Hey thanks Jim. I thought it would work. But since I no longer have the equipment to play with and test for those things that might arise like the sca...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble S9 .05" HALF Sec DR Plus Vision TSC7 Robotic Total Station

Yeah but less accurate work doesn’t make business sense to burn an additional 20k. You can use it for Topo and whatever. Just because it’s more accura...

2 years ago
Forum
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 690
Reply
RE: so called software maintenance

You might try SALSA. Now it is a geodetic based least squares program. Designed at the university of Texas at Austin. I don’t know if it would do for ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble S9 .05" HALF Sec DR Plus Vision TSC7 Robotic Total Station

Why are you getting rid of such a good unit? Have you moved to a different brand or different style work that does not require such accuracy. Also is ...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Marketing strategies for Surveyors of smaller businesses

When I was a part owner in a business we set up a booth at trade shows. Gave away trinkets. Taught classes sponsored the survey conventions. The tri...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Marketing strategies for Surveyors of smaller businesses

Oh I am not able to teach this Stuff at that level. I just do a lot of reminiscing on what things I saw in common with those who were truly successful...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Marketing strategies for Surveyors of smaller businesses

No desert where I started. But those briars thorns and devil cane tore me up for sure. I was in Africa and fought that heat surveying. Djibouti. Good ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Used Robotic Total Station for under 10K

There is a Trimble S7 advertised here on this site. Under 10k has a lot of accessories.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Marketing strategies for Surveyors of smaller businesses

I like the advice about the quality and time frame of the work you do. Great advice. I have been thinking on this since you first posted. The above i...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

Now that’s some neat history. I love history. Maybe next time you send a crew down there have them forge me a couple Dutch ovens. Love my cast iron. I...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

Hey so make yourself a copy of the digital files and level notes. Sign up for the next NGS geodetic leveling course. Great class. It has been 14 years...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

Please pleas don’t give them any ideas. On another place I lease the guy took a back hoe and dug a 50 ft round area about a .5 ft to 1 ft deep. Tilled...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

Totally agree. The whole system is designed to get bigger and bigger . Very bloated. I lived it for a while. I worked with some very smart and hard wo...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

So true. It has gone way past the This is not funny anymore for sure.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

Man on one of the farms I am leasing. They came out and tried that same stuff. Literally on top of a hill and I had made a burn pile to burn some debr...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cool Old Wild Equipment Find - Member Intro

You found a good set up for sure. One of the things I liked about that set up was. If you really knew the gun. You could shoot a distance to the prism...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

Yeah. Thats a great way to do it for sure. I had not thought of that. I remember the back pack days no rod needed for certain things lol.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

@chris-bouffard i think that the OP mentioned gps as pacing in that environment would not have yielded the balance probably as quickly. I think they u...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

How long did it take you to run through that line (s). Nice job. I use to do similar with gps rtk. We would be surveying airports military. So we wou...

2 years ago
Page 32 / 139