AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

Now I feel like an idiot lol. Nice. My mind is not in the game today. Been fighting a computer that freezes up for months now when doing simple task l...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

Oh which state had an original grant from the king that basically went west to infinity or the ocean. I think either ga or maybe the Carolina’s. Degna...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: No internet, no radio, no base station, no worries!

So that rtx is fascinate for sure. Have a guy here that has been testing it for a while and he loves it for rural boundaries in mountains. Those bound...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

Georgia south of Macon roughly. Was a beast of its own. Pine bearing state many section like PLSS sorta was only pencil surveyed. TN was part of the o...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 2172
Reply
RE: Reminding myself how much I like fieldwork...

Man that is it right there. Being out in nature. Got to luv it for sure.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

Asked the guy about the lots. All they usually do is set a TBM hub on the lot or call out a local TBM like FH etc or one of the visible front pins. Si...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

Yeah that is in a lot of subdivisions for sure. Rolled curb. We had curb and gutter along with sidewalks to deal with when I first started. I remember...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

Yes I have brought in several surfaces and checked them then give them to files crews in DC. Heck made one from a Topo map on a large boundary one nig...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

Yeah you nailed it. I believe for sure. That’s exactly what gave me the idea as my friend called me one afternoon on my way home. I had told him about...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

I agree that changes need to be made if and when it’s required. In the area my friend does this house staking one does not need a PE to design a subd...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

I do like a good stoute. Or a porter lager etc.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

So here is a secret. Tell him not to average them but to perform a least squares after he has applied all the other corrections. All those BM’s you ra...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx7

Are you saying that coordinate quality is the RMS HZ and VT the precisions . I never heard that term used that way. Yeah when I am teaching guys in ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

Well that does bring up a question. See when I was doing this in the 90’s we made a lot of these types of decisions. We changed pipes for storm as we...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

I like a dark beer myself. Yeah. If you ever do get over my way. I have you covered.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

lol. That’s funny. I have a drive on some back country roads and this time of year there is a small stretch that is almost blinding by the sun. I mean...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

Yes very true. Thank you. Especially in hilly subdivisions for sure. See when you work only in your head you miss things. I reckon one would need to k...

2 years ago
Page 31 / 139