AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Cool Old Wild Equipment Find - Member Intro

When I was a kid and mom made a pie. My dad would say son this is no good. So he would send me away so he had more for himself. So I will try. Just se...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx7

I went out this afternoon with a solo guy to stake some property lines and another job for site plan. Anyway we he had the BRx6+. It was not a bad set...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Thank you. Well I am not tall but crawling around on my knees last weekend with 2 old pin flags and waiting for them to cross so I could start scratch...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

I will get right on that and split the royalties with you. We can do it.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Uhmm I have maybe hit a few culverts in my day. One in a suburban. Median between the highway. Yeah never saw it coming but we knew we were getting cl...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

You laugh but I use to carry a swing blade in truck for that reason years ago. I would mow a nice swath around my control and rake all the loose gras...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

That’s good to know. Hey it’s made in the USA. Cheaper than the schonstedt. As of now.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Innovation in the industry?

If you want tree identification. Look at hyperspectral. This allows you to categorize different signatures. Then extraction is easier to get it down t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Thanks for the info. I had a friend tell me a merger or buy out dealing with schonstedt he heard. Now not trying to start a rumor he had just heard th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Innovation in the industry?

Yeah flying lidar with correct signatures one could eliminate the high vegetation. It’s all about the signatures. Once you solve that you can do well.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Praise in public. Correct in private . Always that’s what I try to do. Unfortunately my position now is not handling the crews. But I agree with you ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

I will check this one out as well.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Yeah don’t get me started about be responsible for equipment. One thing my past employer might never appreciate. As I did full inventory and spot che...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Yeah I know they can be repaired as good as new for sure. I am looking for a used one for that very reason as well. Have to see repair cost with used ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Yeah the MAGGIE and the 52cx are both over a grand now. That M1 is just shy of a grand.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK GNSS over cellular data link

My experience is the cell is good base n rover but it can cause latency especially during peak times. Kids out of school talking and texting etc. of c...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

I used one of those for a day once last year. The old boss had one it was light as a feather from what I remember. I will have to check that out price...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 32
Views: 2469
Page 33 / 139