AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:58 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: so called software maintenance

Yeah the one in TBC is very similar. At first I thought maybe they bought them out. I started using that as I was tasked with checking plats for multi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

Yeah and since HP stopped making them the prices are through the roof. If I can get my other 35s repaired I will give it to him. I will keep my 35s an...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

I was thinking about you today. At the ball field watching my daughter play softball. I was talking with the wife and telling her what you were doing....

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

Great analogy. So true. This is true with many of the tools we have today in surveying. That is a big part of what we do. We should use the correct t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

Man you are innovative. That’s what it is all about. Seeing a problem making a solution and test and verification of that solution. Keep it up. I th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

Oh how I know. Trust me I know. A few years back I was seeing this done for a particular municipality for a water line. They have a specific way. So...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

I think your statement is great. Unfortunately I am doing cut sheets for rough grade curb and gutter storm water line anything that gets a cut fill po...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

Here is where AI can be used today it has been done way before this latest fad craze. Now this means that those that want to use it they must be willi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

So all in one direction. That except the one outlier could be systematic in the rod itself. One piece rod or two piece rod. NGS has a published docu...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

Hey I got kudos for telling you about that presentation. The wife loves when she gets to hear from outside the agency that surveyors are reading and ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

I will have to make a phone call. See if they have the edm one out yet. I will have to take out the trash and do extra honey do’s to get on the wife’s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

Yeah. That’s what this guy from NGS said. Back then they had no harness or safety belts. Just climb and do what needed to be done. Those old marks a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

Billl. That guy I mentioned above who is still at NGS helped build that one. If I remember the story correctly he had his son there as well. His son ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

My brother bought some investment property in TN. It had a couple trailer houses on it he rented. I can out to visit and discovered a cemetery on the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

For fun read the NGS pub or see if they might have the class online now. River and valley crossings. It was for optical leveling to transfer geodetic ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

If you ever get on the east coast and go out to the NGS Training Center. One of the advisers there started his career building those. He is the advise...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

That is nice. It is almost a mini Bilby Tower. Man something like that would be nice on a construction site as well. Just set up the robot resect an...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

Are they all positive or negative or do they go both ways. Also those monuments were they all part of a single run originally or was some set from a d...

2 years ago
Page 30 / 139