AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 8:21 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Hydraulics and Hydrology

Yes for sure on manning equation. But it was part of the curriculum many years ago when I took a class. I went to a seminar last year that dealt with ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Hydraulics and Hydrology

You will if you have not yet be learning Manning s equations. As stated before. Go Topo a parking lot on a 50’ ft grid. Take it back to the office h...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble S9 .05" HALF Sec DR Plus Vision TSC7 Robotic Total Station

True. That’s the problem with a lot of today’s technology. It is designed to not be repaired. It’s not that they cannot reuthe laser. It actually has...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Levelling a total station & error

I just have to say. Awesome job. We did similar test no distance with Wild T-3. Oh the days without single or dual axis compensators. Just have to ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

When I started in the 90’s now mind you I was going to school at night a technical school. My LS my PC would teach us the survey math . I caught on t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

I one hundred percent agree. That it’s not the degree. The degree gets you a good basis. I know one thing that should be done is that every LS in my o...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

There were several ground to grid. Also basic questions on the RTK language terminology. The above NCEES has a cheap pdf practice exam. Now take ea...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: idea

Oh those are for scanners. Not used in a typical conventional traverse. With total station or robot. Usually traversing is done to a prism. Preferabl...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: idea

I have never heard the term crystal balls. What are you referring to.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

So I assume you took the FS test and are trying to get ready for the retaking and better prepared. If that is the case. Take the test results and see...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Storm

That’s a nice picture. Friends from the southern states we getting some as well. Unfortunately here last night was cloudy rainy so not able to get the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Storm

Yeah. It should be part of a daily responsibility for someone in a survey office that watches that for sure. I just have it saved in my favorites and ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

Every now and then you get lucky. It took me most of the night reading and searching online but this morning. After enough coffee I read one last tric...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

I am sure yall have all heard the reason the military went with Hp Calculators. When I was at the old mapping and geodetic surveying school in 2000 t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

I have no doubt you are going to figure it out. So as my small brain sits here staring at the picture. What would happen if the middle pole came all ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Storm

Oh I sent the noaa space weather stuff out and sent pics of the issues today to several fellow surveyors abroad telling them to be extremely cautious ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

SMI cogo card. I still have mine like you bought it around the same time for sure. When I was in college they told us to buy a TI who knows very basic...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

So it seems they must have bought the rights or something from hp as they are all based off of a hp model. Nice. I guess my old calculator collection ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

It looks kinda like a hp. Will look into that. I don’t red no 200 calculator though but I reckon everything is going up now days.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: HP Calculator repair

RPN helps offset my dyslexia. That is not a tall tail. Something about performing computations with RPN vs a regular calculator. Long formulas and eve...

2 years ago
Page 29 / 139