AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 8:21 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Grand Canyon

Whaaat. Come on now. He blazed trees through the Cumberland Gap. He killed a bear. He fought for America. Ya gotta go watch Fess Parker playing Danie...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Here now

Nice. I do miss Trimble for sure. Maybe one day I will get it back in my hands. It helps me stay organized and design good work flows for keeping data...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Here now

So I was up late one night and saw some of the short videos on Trimble Access 2024 on YouTube. Then the next day I could not find them. Now they are b...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Large Project - Large Relief. How to setup multiple scale factors

I had a project once that had an assumed coordinate system. It was a large site which had a lot of vertical change. Everyone was trying to perform a s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Large Project - Large Relief. How to setup multiple scale factors

Would a snake grid work in your situation? Is this a linear project? One thing to keep in mind is you don’t have to start at one end and run a traver...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Levelling a total station & error

That’s exactly how I was taught originally. Heck I was not even allowed to touch the instrument until I could set up over a point with a plumb bob and...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Well I bit the bullet good price from local shop. Was in the are so I grabbed the GA-52Cx. So far it’s new so what not to love. Went ahead and registe...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Levelling a total station & error

You said a mouth full. I love them myself. Resect is awesome when used appropriately.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: North or South

You need to download all that knowledge in your head to my thumb drive lol. I went and looked this up last night as well. Keep learning everyday.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Court says drone pilot can’t offer mapping without NC surveyor’s license

I am very thankful that you have enough wisdom to train or get the training the fact you stated 6 months means you get it for sure. In our fast paced ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

If I were preparing for the FS . I would be prepared to solve for area via the DMD. I would be prepared to adjust the lat and departure as well before...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: North or South

Very interesting question. I have surveyed south of the equator. Now we always referenced North still. Now I was doing geodetic work. Also on WGS84. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Thank you. Yeah my friend has the Maggie and the ga52cx. He sent the 52 in for repair. They told him are large price to repair it. So he had it sent ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

That is a great write up. On the cons to the 52cx bracket. A fellow surveyor LS. He has seen that as a problem and he knows some guy that makes a spe...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Hydraulics and Hydrology

That is brilliant. When the casinos went into Tunica MS. We were tasked with staking the golf course on one. The contractor before machine control ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Storm

I did not. I was wanting to sit down and down load CORS data across the USA just to do some of that. However I have no software currently to process i...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Hydraulics and Hydrology

You are on your way. Also pay close attention to what @holy-cow said about reality. One of my pet peeves when I am reviewing someone’s surfaces and...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Hydraulics and Hydrology

II will try and dig it out. It was a section in it from land navigation. Learning to read a map Topo and quad was a very important thing. I had alre...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

Ok so those of you that have used the ML-1. How deep will it work. Have you found rods a few feet under ground with it. Those that used the subsurf...

2 years ago
Page 28 / 139