AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 8:21 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: History of Surveying in Virginia and old regulations etc.

Yeah I have been going through some of that for sure. Just slow lol.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs Ground Coordinates

Yes I agree. It should not matter if you scale about 0,0 or a point on site and if you truncate. GIS people should if given the location scale and all...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips & Tricks for field technicians

Please please teach them how to keep an orderly set of level notes. They should also do a simple check at the end of that set of notes add up the BS r...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: F-ing Banks

I had to do the same thing. I use NFCU for personal. My farm is with a small local bank. I can call and they respond. But the online portion and apps...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs Ground Coordinates

@bc-surveyor I liked your video just had a chance to watch it. A couple things. One the 1:10000 was not for grid and ground distance. That was for the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs Ground Coordinates

Very very nicely written. However attached is a snippet of a NGS data sheet elev factor scale factor combined factor. I do wish they would reword the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs Ground Coordinates

Very well written. I could only add that so many make the mistake of when pulling the combined factor from a NGS data sheet that NGS always publishes ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs Ground Coordinates

I like that. I don’t believe there is no such thing as ground coordinates. Only way my brain can state them is if we measured all along the slope of t...

2 years ago
Page 22 / 139