AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 8:21 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

We have always done it that way is a saying that is very much heard in the surveying community. If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

I have driven across Kansas. Not a lot of vertical relief for sure. Flat as a pancake.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

1/X. I see your point for sure. Words do cause confusion at times for sure. I am one of the worst on that. With being dyslexic I use that 1/x button t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

The grid distance to ground distance is something recent in history. All NGS data sheets publish the combine factor which is for taking ground distanc...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

Now don’t date yourself my friend. We all still used the same old recording forms I bet. Everything had its place and form either for triangulation ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

So true. LOL. I reckon a few of us actually lasted through a few name changes. DMA NIMA and now NGA. Some of my certificates I received over the year...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Precision

So true. Now some manufacturers quote the same 3” angle but is is done by different standards DIN or ISO. And that makes a difference as well. In how ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

Will do. See history is all amongst us all the time.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: History of Surveying in Virginia and old regulations etc.

Well if you ever proofread my stuff that might send you over the top. LOL. You would have no hair and probably just throw in the towel and give up and...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

Well it is tough. My geodetic side and the survey side are always in a battle. But the reading of old NGS publications and old Letters they published...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Precision

I would not hesitate to use a 5” gun. Most states regulations are still written in a way that a 20” theodolite or transit could achieve the angular re...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

I can agree with that for scaling distances. Unfortunately I am not in a PLS state and here we and I don’t like it scale coordinates. So that changes ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: History of Surveying in Virginia and old regulations etc.

Have you seen my grammar. LOL. My wife who has had to review some papers for me would kill me if I told her I was writing a book. I do love history...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

Scale factor or combined factor or project factor. Also what is your false northing and easting. I usually carry out to 8 or 9 places. On combined fa...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: History of Surveying in Virginia and old regulations etc.

Thank you. Oh sometimes well many times I can’t sleep. So I just find some rabbit hole to keep my mind going. I like history and have almost read al...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: This discussion post has been deleted.

That’s an easy excel formula. It’s an inverse. But some states I know North Carolina geodetic survey has an inverse calculator on one of the web brows...

2 years ago
Page 21 / 139