AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 2:08 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Bent iron pipe

@gary_g Yeah. Might need a little heat on that crease. A flamethower would work, but I don't want to start a forest fire.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Bent iron pipe

I'm thinking I should set something there as close to the position as possible while leaving the bent pipe as evidence of finding the original corner.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Bent iron pipe

@williwaw thank you.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Bent iron pipe

@jimcox yes, that could explain it.

1 year ago
Topic
1 year ago
Replies: 17
Views: 1870
Topic
1 year ago
Replies: 7
Views: 1572
Reply
RE: Doctrine of Merger

I am sure the monuments are original, but I am not about to fight, and make this a bigger mess. It's just a shame that the client has to pay to replac...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Doctrine of Merger

In one case the two lots were created in 1839, currently non-conforming, but existing before the Zoning Act. All corner monuments of both lots were fo...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Doctrine of Merger

Well then, I'll have to tell that to the lawyers that explained it to me.

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 4853
Reply
RE: Really old Nikon Total Station

Western States Cabling has helped me out in the past. The link is for their website. Good luck.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey research procedure

I don't understand the purpose of not recording a survey map. How is that protecting the public welfare? How can one complain about "pin cushions" if ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Preferred Plat Font

@rplumb314 So it's Leroy's fault. There were no lower case Leroy lettering templates.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Preferred Plat Font

At least for me, alll capitals are very hard to read. My jurisdiction requires a minimum text size of 0.10 inches. As I wrote in my post, using a text...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Preferred Plat Font

I like Swiss, but any font will do as long as one follows the rules of capitalization. The size in my jurisdiction requires the font to be 1/10 inches...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse

@jim-frame You are right. The software that I use will also adjust the traverse and the side shots if I choose to adjust the data.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse

@gary_g Agreed. How about a city block. I should have mentioned that.

2 years ago
Topic
2 years ago
Replies: 7
Views: 2358
Reply
RE: Compass Rule on an "open" traverse

@verplanck with the software that I use any adjustment will provide that solution as long as I specify the two known positions in the input file. Just...

2 years ago
Page 7 / 62