AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 8:45 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Leveling Pin

... and is it NGS approved?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Leveling Pin

This pin is made to NGS specifications. Kind of expensive though. My turtle only cost $28. I was posting this while you were doing the same. 🙂

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Leveling Pin

I use a turtle as a turning point. Also known as a leveling plate. I have seen the pin you describe.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Unwritten rule against this?

I don't leave traverse points on a project for the specific reason that they may be construed as boundary marks. Typical traverse points are 12" long ...

1 year ago
Topic
1 year ago
Replies: 2
Views: 2110
Reply
RE: Easement Plan

In my interpretation, there are two types of subdivisions. The first is a subdivision of land into two or more lots, and requiring the construction ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Easement Plan

@bstrand Okay.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Easement Plan

@peter-lothian I mailed the map today to the District Registry and went with the 81X certification (no new lines). I won't be billing my client f...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Easement Plan

@dgm-pls I am doing this today.

1 year ago
Topic
1 year ago
Replies: 14
Views: 2896
Reply
RE: Down CORS stations

Finally got an error message that kind of explains my error. The message is that IGS (International GNSS Service) was not available on the day I colle...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Down CORS stations

I'm still getting the message that OPUS is aborting. I'll try collecting data on another project tomorrow to see what happens there.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Down CORS stations

@williwaw Good news!

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Down CORS stations

@williwaw I chatted with Mark Silver (I bought my equipment from him and his company, iGage) and he tried to help, but was having the same problem. ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Down CORS stations

In a recent project submitted to OPUS I am only able to get a solution using GPS only. Adding other constellations (GNSS) gets a message the OPUS is a...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Building Setbacks on a ROS

Isn't all the information you put on a map subject to change? I don't know what it is about ROS that is different from what I call a map of the survey...

1 year ago
Reply
1 year ago
Reply
RE: Station and offset or bearing and distance

I've staked and checked hundreds of stone right-of-way markers for DOT. Yes, contractors did dig the holes and set them, but not before I gave them fo...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Bent iron pipe

...but seriously, the only bars I am able to bend are those half-inch ones. I also thought about cutting the pipe at the crease and resetting it. I am...

1 year ago
Page 6 / 62