AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Confessions of a 50 yo Rookie

One of the little-known facts about pins, they can have their polarity reversed, by hard pounding. Touch a magnet to the top of a pin, after hard pou...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the steel fence posts? or Ignore them? (Appology for a surveying related post, during all the other activities!)

I will add, I also concluded that I'd have regrets either way.?ÿ So, I'd have 2% less regrets via yielding to them. Regrets are inevitable. Less is b...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the steel fence posts? or Ignore them? (Appology for a surveying related post, during all the other activities!)

I had to stop deliberating, and set corners. I decided it was 52/48, and held them. If Mr G W got em within a foot, (mostly), or 2.5' in 700', and the...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the steel fence posts? or Ignore them? (Appology for a surveying related post, during all the other activities!)

Yes, it was his standard MO. I think I found less than 10 of his 3/8" rebars and caps, in a 10 yr time span. He had 3-4 crews going. 800 surveys a yr ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the steel fence posts? or Ignore them? (Appology for a surveying related post, during all the other activities!)

There is no way to avoid that, in this case. (I think) all that's out there, is Steel fence posts, set by the land owner, where the wood stakes were. ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: New Leica GS18 I

?ÿ Eric, I worked the "Chicago land area" back in 1986 do you remember "Harry B Blizard and assoc."? You were young. Maybe 17 yrs old? Dave Miller wa...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the steel fence posts? or Ignore them? (Appology for a surveying related post, during all the other activities!)

Protect the landowners. IF the T posts are original, (Or are the descendants of the originals) they hold. The trouble is that word "Descendants". The ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: New Leica GS18 I

Tilt sensor, IMU. Now, how does that work? 3 micro gyroscopes? If so, those are MOVING PARTS, and gyros are subject to drift, and bearing wear. Is th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the steel fence posts? or Ignore them? (Appology for a surveying related post, during all the other activities!)

No, the front ones were measured in, and set. (I drove by this subdivision, way back when it was done, and I SAW these wood stakes), The ones "On the...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hold the steel fence posts? or Ignore them? (Appology for a surveying related post, during all the other activities!)

Holding the record in front, is not too bad, as the road grader, and county mower has damaged, and dislocated the front ones, with parts of the cut of...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FLAT EARTH SURVEYOR, seriously?

It's gonna be alright. I don't believe the earth is flat.... I live in Arkansas, and it is not much flat around here. (note the truthful statement, bu...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FLAT EARTH SURVEYOR, seriously?

I don't drink anymore. Thank God!?ÿ Please explain why a simple vote for flat earth could not be made law? 😉 Thank you!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FLAT EARTH SURVEYOR, seriously?

Now, don't blame the mixins and vittals, that yer not votin fer a fish in every pond, an a pay raise fer serberers! If you vote flat earth, we will al...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FLAT EARTH SURVEYOR, seriously?

(Humor alert) Flat earth. It would make our coordinates so much simpler. Elevations too. I think we should all vote FLAT EARTH! If you don't vote ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's find

That's pretty cool. Good job. N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FLAT EARTH SURVEYOR, seriously?

@Dave Karoly That was well put! "You can keep someone going around and around if you are a skilled Flat Earther." The irony! N

6 years ago
Page 82 / 527