AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Deviation question on 1994 survey map

Knowing declination tells us nothing, without a knowledge of WHAT THAT SURVEY WAS BASED ON, in a rotational sense. We have hundreds of surveys out th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Deviation question on 1994 survey map

Published deviation values are only one component of the whole adjustment of rotational values. It could get very wordy, to explain all the speculati...

6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
RE: Deviation question on 1994 survey map

There is a name for this. But I'm old, and can't remember it. For this problem, close one eye, and only use your chosen eye, start to finish. Sight o...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Deviation question on 1994 survey map

Another way, go buy 2 fancy real bright flashlights. Find 2 consecutive monuments. Go out at dusk, and have one helper stand over the found monument, ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Deviation question on 1994 survey map

@mightymoe, I like that answer. If need be, go to hardware store, buy 2 sticks of 2" dia electrical pvc conduit. And 2 steel fence posts. Drive the p...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: So You Want To Be A Surveyor?

Only 3.3'? Gads, fly by night is improving! Fly by night obviously does not care a whole lot. He's got GPS. (Good Position Sure). Um, what was the pr...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from Wyoming

Wow! A newly registered. I can hardly imagine "getting on the bus" at this mile marker in history. When I consider every coordinate I've ever made, ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Ashtech/Thales Z-MAX Zxtreme rollover fix

I've got a fully functional set of legacy e units. I've replaced internal keep alive Batts. With 35 watt base batt, and old PDL 3500 rover radio. I a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Ashtech/Thales Z-MAX Zxtreme rollover fix

I've got a fully functional set of legacy e units. I've replaced internal keep alive Batts. With 35 watt base batt, and old PDL 3500 rover radio. I a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Ashtech/Thales Z-MAX Zxtreme rollover fix

I hear that sound, loud and clear! N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Sword

Realtor sword. Thanks! N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS base + rover for sale

Mr Holy Bull Cow has a cemetery to trade... What did you get, that you like better? (Win the lotto?) N ?ÿ

6 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Alley, alley, who moved the alley?

You should make Christmas cards.... You'd get richer that way, than surveying!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: External Base Battery Recommendation

I live in Arkansas. Where, if you are an animal, with experience, you know to avoid electric fences. If you are human, you usually have experience wi...

6 years ago
Page 76 / 527