AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: I hate this

Along these lines, (no pun intended) I was surveying a small parcel, near hot springs. I had a computed point 3' from a fd rebar. I was being sorely ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

I knew a surveyor that rounds his dimensions to the closest minute, and tenth of a foot.?ÿthe problem that erupts is that a 20 course description coul...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Difference between Subsurface Magnetic Locator & Metal Detector

Adrian, its 20$. Itƒ??s not going to take the place of a professional $800 detector. But,if you need to find 5-6 pins, and know where to search, it c...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Intro

Your name says it all, (for me too!) I donƒ??t know. Call Carlson.?ÿN

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Difference between Subsurface Magnetic Locator & Metal Detector

We are surveyors. We tend to be stuck in our own zone. I bought one of those 20$ pin pointers. (Type metal detector pin pointer) on eBay. They are ver...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Intro

Ok. Tell us a detailed description of what you bought. There is a wide range attached to ƒ??surveying equipment ƒ?? back in Egypt, they would re stak...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Staff Compass "cross hair"

@Mike Marks, at the very core, finding, and respecting old corners though NOT accurately set, they became the corners that built America. Now, letƒ??s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: FLAT EARTH SURVEYOR, seriously?

I've been told that they don't have 4th of July in England.?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Schonstedt vs Magna trac

The shonstedt 52 series were designed?ÿ strong Housing non waterproof housing ?ÿ waterproof components if barely cared for, they last 30 to 40 yea...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate this

Show record dimensions. Show your dimensions. Same monument. Same physical points.?ÿ The end. It's what I do.?ÿ Sometimes, if things are within some ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate this

It should read from the actual cor to the rejected monument.?ÿ With an explanation as to why it was rejected. So I could read the explanation! ?ÿ Ha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate this

Well,if its wrong, it's wrong. 0.01' or 10' doesn't matter.?ÿ He shoulda just moved it over.?ÿ (Just kidding) N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting note on plat

Iƒ??d prefer to follow this guy, than to follow a liscensed fellow, who could not be retraced. N?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Shooting in reflective targets - best practice

Thatƒ??s all good advice. Especially the part about perpendicular.?ÿive run lots of traverses on tall stakes. Finish nail on top. Pinch of dot tape. C...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: The scariest things on Earth

@payden ƒ??Our lady of assumptionƒ? is the patron saint of surveyors.?ÿ I assume you agree!! ???

6 years ago
Reply
RE: The scariest things on Earth

never had a run in with that variety but Iƒ??m sure Iƒ??d fail to record the interaction!!!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Postcard From The Rockies 3

@mightymoe I directly concur.?ÿ

6 years ago
Page 66 / 527